How to install PostgreSQL ?
Installing PostgreSQL is very easy you just have to go to POSTGRESQL download website and download the postgresql-version.exe file and then follow the below steps.
- After downloading the postgre exe file from the official websites now run it.
- Now welcome page will appear just click on next.
3. Now it will ask you for installation directory just click on next button.
4. It will ask you select the component lists you want to install. I have selected all the list as all are required for our purpose. These lists are PostgreSQL server, pgAdmin4, Stack Builder, Command Line Tools. Now let’s understand the use of each components.
PostgreSQL server:- This component is used for running the database on the machine.
pgAdmin4:- This is GUI based application used for management of PostgreSQL database.
Stack Builder:- This tool is used to install other additional components related to PostgreSQL.
Command Line Tool:- This is used for managing the PostgreSQL database through CMD.
5. Now it will ask you to select the location where data is going to be store. Just select the location and click on next.
6. Now next screen will ask you to setup a superuser password for the database. Add the password and remember this password will used while login into database.
7. Now it will ask you to enter the port number for database server to listen on. Click on next after entering the port number.
8. It will ask you to select the locale just let it be default and click on next.
9. It will show the installation summary meaning what all things it is going to install in your machine just click on next.
10. One more screen will come just click on next then it will install the component after installation one screen just click on finish.
11. Now go to start and search for pgAdmin and run it as administrator. It will ask you to setup a master password, enter the password and remember this master password will be required each time you launch the pgAdmin. Expand the servers list postgreSQL will come and now expand that as well. After expanding postgreSQL it will ask you the superuser password. After entering password it will show the database details.
Thank you for reading please comment your suggestions, share the article, follow me and Abhima Database Technology publication.
Bhagavad Gita Verse of the Day
अध्यात्मनित्या विनिवृत्तकामा: |
र्गच्छन्त्यमूढा: पदमव्ययं तत् || 5||
dvandvair vimuktāḥ sukha-duḥkha-sanjñair
gachchhanty amūḍhāḥ padam avyayaṁ tat
BG 15.5: Those who are free from vanity and delusion, who have overcome the evil of attachment, who dwell constantly on the self and on God, who are free from the desire to enjoy the senses, and are beyond the dualities of pleasure and pain, such liberated personalities attain My eternal Abode.