Great Data Science Company Blogs
Some of the best technology companies showcase their innovation from time to time on their blogs. These blogs are a great source to read when you are preparing for company specific data science interviews. From a company perspective, the blogs help attract data professionals. In the last few years, companies are in a race to hire data talent and have started showcasing their data science technology and techniques by having separate data science/ machine learning or AI sections on their blogs.
At Acing Data Science Interviews, we consume a lot of papers, blogs, videos and podcasts about data science. Lots of companies write about data science but below are our top picks of the company data science blogs. These blogs cover one or few aspects of data science in a very helpful way helping the whole data science community in general.
- Google: Google is where some of the very early research in data science and AI began. Their AI blog is one of the most mature and complete manifestation of what an AI blog would look like. The blog covers everything from publications, stories, open source data science frameworks, data sets, tools, learning courses and finally careers at this AI institution.
- Uber: Uber AI Labs has a fantastic set of articles which gives us a speak peak into the great work going on within Uber. Uber’s also gives building blocks about its coveted ML-as-a-service platform Michaelangelo. Uber has also open sourced many data engineering and data science frameworks and mentioned them on its blog.
- Facebook: Facebook has been doing great work in computer vision and conversational AI. They have open sourced Pytorch which is increasingly cited in papers on ArXiv. Their blog also covers publications, experiments and techniques within Facebook which helps advance the data science field forward.
- AirBnB AI & Machine Learning: Airbnb has one of the best AI and ML company blogs. They have done some amazing work using deep learning models on search, listing photos and a host of other things. Airbnb data scientists are split across teams which is detailed by Elena Grewal. It shows some of the best ways to think about building and managing teams within product companies.
- Instacart Data Science | Instacart ML: Instacart handles 200 million plus grocery items on their platform. The blog showcases their data engineering prowess. It also shows some of the techniques they apply to critical business areas like delivery, cost prediction, real-time availability of grocery items and even some great data visualizations using their data.
- OpenAI blog: OpenAI’s mission is to ensure that artificial general intelligence benefits all of humanity. OpenAI has some great papers and findings on their blog which are on the cutting edge of AI.
- StitchFix: Stichfix is the most under rated data science blog for their data visualizations. Their algorithms tour is one of the best ways I have seen data scientists explain what their product does. Their blog (multi-threaded) does not have a separate section for data science but they cover the interesting things they do within Stitchfix.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of company blogs to follow and read. These blogs have some of the best data science content helpful for all data professionals!
Subscribe to our Acing AI newsletter, I promise not to spam and its FREE!
Subscribe to the Acing AI/Data Science Newsletter. It is FREE! Reducing the entropy in data science. Helping you with…
Thanks for reading! 😊 If you enjoyed it, test how many times can you hit 👏 in 5 seconds. It’s great cardio for your fingers AND will help other people see the story.
The sole motivation of this blog article is to learn about the different AI company blogs and its technologies. All data is sourced from online public sources. I aim to make this a living document, so any updates and suggested changes can always be included. Please provide relevant feedback.