Calling all young (and young-at-heart) activists and changemakers
Join a free ActionStation campaign training near you!
Last year, ActionStation surveyed over 1,000 young people for their perspectives on wellbeing and created a powerful report Ngā Kōrero Hauora o Ngā Taiohi.
The research found that young people have an incredible vision for the future of Aotearoa. One that puts people and planet first, ensures everyone has access to great mental health, and young people are represented in positions of power.
Since we launched the report, the research has been presented to over 1,000 youth workers, policy makers, MPs and councils.
With the local election coming up in October, and young people stepping up all around the country to run for council, we now have a great opportunity for young people to continue to create positive impact.
Join a free campaign training near you!
Do you want to learn how to better make change in your community and country? 🌏🌏🌏
Do you want to take your digital campaigning, community organising and media skills to the next level? ✊🏻✊🏾✊🏽
These workshops are for you!
We are hosting three free full-day workshops for rangatahi and young people (aged 16–40) and youth-led or youth-powered organisations who work for progressive political change.
Participants will learn new skills in digital campaigning, media wrangling and community organising, with time for whanaungatanga (relationship-building) across sectors and issues.
- Wellington: Saturday 24 August 11am — 4pm
- Hamilton: Saturday 31 August 11am — 4pm
- Christchurch: Saturday 28 September 10am — 3pm
Specifically you will learn how to:
- Run a successful online petition-based campaign
- Write great petitions, emails, and press releases that motivate people to take action
- Deliver your petition to Parliament and make a great submission to Select Committee
- Get media coverage for your campaign: Pitching stories, generating coverage through actions, delivering interviews on radio and TV
- Facilitate a meeting/hui and organise communities
Registrations are essential so please do so here: www.actionstation.org.nz/workshops
Free plant-based kai will be provided at these events. 🌿🌿🌿