Visual Project Management Tools to Turn Data into Eye Candy
Visual project management tools have a significant advantage over the standard non-visual ones. While data-infested tables and boring uniform charts can be overwhelming and hard to read, visual tools turn even the most complex information into eye candy. 🍭
Thus, if you want to simplify communication, reduce confusion and increase productivity in your project team, visual project management is something you should definitely try. And you may start by getting to know the 10 excellent software solutions we reviewed in this post.
- Flexible work scheduling
- Automated leave management
- Visual timelines and reports
actiPLANS is user-friendly and flexible software for visual project management. It lets you schedule any type of work you like, from employee shifts to various project activities. It helps to plan resources more efficiently, allocate workloads across the team and keep project deadlines in check.
Here’s how to apply actiPLANS:
- Add your bespoke project activities to the system and create a unique color code system for them.
- Open the visual timeline to distribute work across employees and set timeframes for it.
- Manage employee leave requests and schedule your projects considering staff availability.
- Monitor scheduled activities using the timeline interface or analyze data in greater depth via multiple handy reports.
- Employee timesheets
- Real-time reporting widgets
- Deadline and estimate tracking
- Kanban board
- Visual charts
actiTIME is an intuitive time tracking solution with a bunch of useful features for project visualization. With its help, you can:
- Track time against specific tasks and estimates on simple-to-use weekly timesheets.
- Stay in the know of how, where and when your employees work every day thanks to the Work Statuses.
- Keep tabs on performance progress using the Kanban board.
- Monitor the use of resources in real-time via reporting widgets.
- Build visual charts to analyze the data on team productivity, billable time and costs of work.
- Integrate actiTIME with actiPLANS to streamline absence tracking, work scheduling and resource management even more.
Explore all these awesome actiTIME features in action during a free 30-day trial.
- Predictive work scheduling
- Reporting dashboard
- Resource management
- Task priorities
LiguidPlanner is a visual project management software that helps to build error-free work plans and track team performance in a convenient way. It automates resource estimation and scheduling, which boosts process accuracy and efficiency a great deal. Besides, it contains a plethora of features for data visualization: board and grid views, project dashboards, etc.
4. Kanban Tool
- Kanban boards
- Project analytics
- Mobile app
The Kanban board is the primary feature of the fourth project management software on our list. It allows you to:
- Create bespoke progress statuses (workflows) in your account and track team performance with their help.
- Establish work-in-progress limits for better workload management.
- Set deadlines and priority levels for tasks.
- Attach documents and comments to Kanban cards for easier information-sharing with colleagues.
Additionally, Kanban Tool includes informative reports for a thorough performance analysis + it can be integrated with many of your favorite online solutions via Zapier.
- Projects dashboard
- Workflow planning
- Document management
- Task lists
- Progress tracking
Casual allows you to create straightforward project workflow diagrams that can be used to allocate work to employees and monitor their performance progress.
- Create project activities and tasks and establish dependencies between them using an intuitive diagram-building tool.
- Assign team members to different activities / tasks.
- Mark tasks as “done” once you finish working on them — a corresponding diagram element will change color indicating a change in current progress status.
Project Timeline Template for Trouble-Free Work Scheduling
When starting a new project, you can’t do without a work schedule. And simply listing some loose task deadlines on a…
- Mind maps
- Gantt charts
- Pie charts
Ayoa offers a wide range of data visualization features for project planning, brainstorming and collaboration. Its primary feature is mind mapping — you can apply it to organize all of your project ideas, sequence versatile tasks and activities, categorize them in meaningful groups, etc.
Besides that, Ayoa incorporates Gantt charts and a Kanban-style workflow management tool. They help to build visual work timelines, keep team workloads in check and monitor ongoing performance progress from the start till the end of your project.
- Pie charts for progress tracking
- Kanban boards
- Jira integration
Pie is visual project management software for agile teams. It lets you map out works in significant detail and then track how which portion of the plan is already completed using beautiful pie charts.
With Pie, you can sequence processes and tasks, divide them into smaller elements, write comments to share important information with colleagues, define project milestones, set deadlines, create timelines, and whatnot! Thanks to this solution, your team will always know what it’s supposed to do and when, and you will get hold of a wealth of valuable project information to enhance decision-making.
- Gantt charts
- Project boards
- Task lists
- Workload management
- Time logs
GanttPRO includes a plethora of features for the effective management of any project across its entire life cycle.
The main GanttPRO feature is, of course, the Gantt chart. It allows you to build visual project timelines with all the necessary data included: tasks, their deadlines, assignees, progress status, etc. Along with that, the solution supports a great variety of other project view modes and work planning methodologies: calendars, boards, lists, logs, etc. — plenty of options to choose from.
- Drag-and-drop timelines
- Visual charts
- Automated workflows
- Project templates
As a high-quality project management solution, Wrike has it all to help you visualize your work plans and bring them to life with ease:
- Pick one of the pre-made industry-specific project templates to speed up the planning process.
- Build detailed Gantt diagrams to sequence activities, set deadlines and allocate resources across projects.
- Control work in progress on a fully customizable Kanban board.
- Share the built work calendars with the team to keep everyone in the loop.
- Multiple view modes
- Informative reports
- Process management
Kissflow is a low-code / no-code work management platform where you may build beautiful visual dashboards, charts and workflow diagrams in a genuinely effortless way.
Its project management module includes the Kanban board, task lists and the matrix view mode — these features let you organize work and track progress in a convenient way. Plus, Kissflow includes some robust reports that provide all the information you need to make effective, evidence-based decisions.