Diabetic Cyborg Life 05/20: What was “Normal?”
Being a chronically ill patient with multiple sclerosis (MS), diabetes (type 2 then type 1), and chronic kidney disease (CKD), means that I don’t remember what normal feels like anymore. These last 21 years of illness leaves me with a constant state of fatigue and an ominous feel of, “what’s…
Diabetic Cyborg Life 05/19: My Tricky map of Heritage, Psychology, & Today’s Political Atmosphere
Appearance is far from my whole heretical story. I appear to be a white man, as my father identified as on most of the paperwork he used for ID, jobs, and most other official state, local, and federal levels. His mother was from Mexico and father was white from San…
Diabetic Cyborg Life 05/18: A Note to the Next Generation
Life is hard. Whoever said different or that it can be easy was lying to you or simply trying to cheat or take advantage of you. Things are always a varying shade of gray that can be the best, most awesome times ever, or the worst, most horrible trials ever. …
Diabetic Cyborg Life 05/17: Only the Earnest
Honestly, I can remember journaling and writing about plans, life, love, and everything during nights when I couldn’t sleep in my early 20s. No, I don’t know where those notebooks are, yet I am better off not being able to find them. Sometimes thoughts are better. …
Diabetic Cyborg Life 05/14: Eat the Donuts if you Want
Action has consequences and we all must all face that, well unless money, power, or corrupt practices can exempt one that. Face the proverbial music one day or the next eventually catches up with everyone. Pray that infamous music is not death from our deeds and misbehaviors. No, I don’t…
I challenge you to pass this on to other writers to write about their ten wishes and see what everyone has on their hearts and lift it up to the Universe to see that these wishes do come true.
1. I wish Fatema was here now!
1. I wish Fatema was here now! 2. I wish she was pregnant after arriving here. 3. I wish my chronic Lyme disease was all gone. 4. I wish all my symptoms, (MS, diabetes, neurogenic bladder, and chronic kindey disease) were all gone. 5. I wish our family had at least 5 more years with Mom before she passed. 6. I wish I was a college professor in a blue state out of the south. 7. I wish I could write as I want and conceive I can.
1. I wish Fatema was here now!
2. I wish she was pregnant after arriving here.
3. I wish my chronic Lyme disease was all gone.
4. I wish all my symptoms, (MS, diabetes, neurogenic bladder, and chronic kindey disease) were all gone.
5. I wish our family had at least 5 more years with Mom before she passed.
6. I wish I was a college professor in a blue state out of the south.
7. I wish I could write as I want and conceive I can.
8. I wish I was on track to be POTUS.
9. I wish American democracy was not failing.
10. I wish I had the healing and regenerative powers of Wolverine.
Yes I had to include that 10 as choniclly ill patient.
Hope those were secret enough for you Lucy! 😁❤️😋😝
Diabetic Cyborg Life 05/13: The Ending is the Beginning is The End
(Good song by Smashing Pumpkins BTW) As the infamous idea goes, every new beginning is another beginning’s end, also a good one by Semisonic, Closing Time, the end of my Mom’s life is a whole new chapter. The pos-mom period WILL, not might, but will be that much…