Introduction to Analytics variables
- TRAFFIC VARIABLES (PROPS / S.PROPS): Traffic variables count the number of times each value is sent to Analytics. Example: When a visitor opens are page , a prop can be used to increment the existing count.
- EVENTS: Events are completed visitor actions on your website. Examples of custom events might be login, registration, and signup.
- CONVERSION VARIABLES ( EVARS) are used to identify how well specific attributes or actions contribute to success events on your site. Example: When a visitor clicks on the internal promotion, an eVar can be used to store a unique identifier for that promotion.
Integrate Adobe Analytics with Adobe Launch
Add Adobe Analytics Extension to Adobe Launch
- Log in to Adobe Experience Cloud
- Navigate to Adobe Launch
- Select the Adobe Launch property
- Navigate to Extensions tab and select Catalog
5. Search for
- Development Report Suite
- Staging Report Suite
- Production Report Suite
- Character Set as UTF-8
Create data elements
- Click on
Add Data Element
3. Define a Data Element to capture Page Name and Page URL:
Ifand add an
5. Set the
Event Type to
Actions and Click
Action Type to
11. Map Analytics Variables to Data Elements
15. Add another action to send Analytics Beacon
Action Type to
s.t(): Send Data to Adobe Analytics and treat it as a page view
Save to save the
Load Analytics Rule
Publish Adobe Analytics extension, page name and page URL data elements, and load analytics rule
- Navigate to an AEM Sites WebPage
- Select the
View as Publishedoption
3. Open the
Chrome Developer Tools and navigate to the
4. Refresh the Page
b/ss to filter requests in the network tab
6. Verify the Analytics Server Call
7. Use Adobe Experience Cloud Debugger to verify the Page Data been send to Adobe Analytics.
8. Check the status of
9. Navigate to
10. Goto Reports > Custom Traffic > Custom Traffic 1–10 > Custom Insight 1
Custom Insight 1Report displays the data captured by
Custom Insight 2 Report isplays the data captured by
Way beyond vanity metrics
Adobe Analytics has evolved beyond simple metrics to use machine learning, artificial intelligence, and other modern data analysis to become the industry’s leading web analytics technology — delivering more accurate customer insights, faster.
With Adobe Analytics, huge amounts of data get organized, cleaned, and prepared at lightning speed with the help of Adobe Sensei. You get powerful segmentation and easy-to-read visuals of your website data. And you have ability to easily curate all of this so anyone in the company can find their own insights, freeing you up to do the deep data science you were hired to.