Hello Creative Cloud developers! We have been busy and want to share what we’ve got for you!
Last year, we announced a beta build CEP (the Common Extensibility Platform) one month before the final release. Our intention was for you to test your extensions early and report any issues before the products officially launched at MAX 2018.
It’s the same time of the year, but this time we’re early! Max 2019 is approaching and we’re ready to share prerelease builds of Creative Cloud products with the CEP 9.4.0 before they launch at MAX 2019. CEP 9.4.0 maintains stability and fixes bugs. (At this time there are no plans for a CEP version 10.)
Please join our Creative Cloud Developer prerelease forum (NDA required) to talk about CEP in a general sense (i.e., comments that may not be product specific), and be sure to join the prerelease group of each of the Creative Cloud app you build for, if you haven’t already. We need feedback on both CEP as well as product-specific feedback for each Creative Cloud app that runs CEP.
Here are the details on when CEP 9.4.0 will be available in different Adobe products prereleases and as well as information on how to join each product’s prerelease program:
- After Effects — Available on August 12th. Email Bruce Bullis for access.
- Audition — Available on August 12th. Email Bruce Bullis for access.
- Animate — Available on August 27th.
- Bridge — Available towards the end of August.
- Dreamweaver — Available on August 27th.
- ExManCmd — Available now.
- InDesign — Coming soon. Stay tuned; we’ll update this page and our prerelease forum when we get the exact release date.
- Illustrator — Available now.
- Photoshop — Coming soon. Stay tuned; we’ll update this page and our prerelease forum when we get the exact release date. Meanwhile, email Thomas Ruark for access.
- Premiere Pro — Available on August 12th. Email Bruce Bullis for access.
Grab these product prereleases and use this opportunity to test your extension, panel, or scripts on the version of CEP.
To see what’s new in CEP 9.4.0, refer to our prerelease notes here. Our prerelease notes should help you understand the big changes and bug fixes coming in this year’s build. Don’t forget to test your extension in those areas.
If you have any feedback, please do not hesitate to write to us in our Creative Cloud Developer Prerelease forum (NDA required), or in our public forum. Let us know if you see any issues while we still have time to try to fix bugs before MAX.
For more stories like this, subscribe to our Creative Cloud Developer Newsletter.