CEP 9.0 is Available Now in the Creative Cloud Developer Prereleases
Hi Creative Cloud developers! We’re in the home stretch to this year’s Adobe MAX, where many Creative Cloud flagship products will ship with a new version of CEP. CEP 9.0 is currently in beta, and you can start testing it in many of our products today.
What is CEP?
What’s new in the CEP 9.0 beta?
CEP 9 consists of some major updates to core technologies. That said, the transition from CEP 8 to 9 should be even easier than the update from 7 to 8, since the version bumps aren’t as big.
- Chromium Embedded Framework: v57 → v61
- Node.js 7.4.4 → Node.js 8.6.0
Some of the highlights of the CEP 9 upgrade are:
- DPI is now per monitor, and lots of DPI issues have been fixed.
- Chromium 61 CSS Hex colors can now specify an alpha channel value.
- The Photoshop Cloudfront CDN certification failure in Windows CEP has been fixed.
Where can I get the beta?
CEP 9 is being rolled out on a product-by-product basis, and the beta is available in many apps right now. All of the prereleases are available through the Adobe Prerelease portal. You’ll need to sign in with your Adobe ID. Some products require applying for access. Fortunately, access is often granted in 24 hours or less.
That said, not every prerelease group is open for public applications. See the list below for more information.
- After Effects — available now, email Bruce Bullis for access.
- Audition — email Bruce Bullis for access.
- Animate — available around July 17th.
- Dreamweaver — using CEP 9.2 in the prerelease. (Click the link for access, as the prerelease is not public.)
- InDesign — available now.
- Illustrator — available now.
- Photoshop — available now, email Thomas Ruark for access.
- Premiere Pro — email Bruce Bullis for access.
We’ll add more products to this list as we have more information to share.