[Originally Published: July 7, 2019]
Good news! Our home study application was accepted, our deposit is paid, and now we’re on our way to beginning part one of the home study! Going into the home study for our second time around, I feel so much more confident about each item on the list. I no longer have a, “What in the world is that?” feeling for any of the items.
However, I do have a small feeling of trepidation for getting all of this done. To be honest, I’ve been meaning to tweeze my eyebrows for the past three weeks. If the most basic of eyebrow maintenance continues to escape me, organizing my life to make the below happen feels like a big deal.
Nonetheless, here it is. Home Study, Part 1:
- Disclosure Form
- Autobiographical Form
- Cultural Worksheet
- Transracial Parenting Plan
- Authorization for Release of Adoption Home Study
- Privacy Notice/Acknowledgement
- Criminal Records Check Policy and Consent
- Sex Offender Registry Consent Form
- GBI Background Check
- FBI Fingerprinting
- Records Check Application and GAPS Consent
- GA Child Abuse Registry Screening Request Information
- Financial Statement
- Adoption Fee Schedule/Policy
- Consent for Services
- Client’s Civil Rights-Grievance
- Home Study Agreement
- $900.00 Home Study Initiation Fee + $36.00 for each person age 18+ in the home
Our goal is to have all of these items completed by the end of July. Being as most of these items are just forms that need to be filled out and signed, they hopefully won’t take that long. We’re just allowing a little extra time to due to family vacation at the end of the month.
Thank you to everyone for the way you have celebrated our news and encouraged us as we get started on the process. We’re constantly blown away by not only the length and depths of our community, but by the quality people we have in our lives. We love you!