We know that we’ve been talking about the progress of the Starfleet Accelerator Programme in Malta, but that’s not all we’re working on. We’re excited to let you know that we will soon be heading to Bangalore City in the Indian sub-continent to set up Starfleet 4.
Stepping forward into India’s blockchain and startup ecosystem
In our pursuit to enable startups with the potential to build blockchain solutions/products and enabling them, we found our way to India. This is a country with over 7,500 emerging technology startups within a larger startup ecosystem that consists of 50,000 technology-based startups. The implication being that India’s startup ecosystem is significantly large and thriving with the potential to build great products. However, what caught our interest is that India — as a country, is beginning to embrace and adopt blockchain technology in both the public and the private sector. The startup ecosystem is starting to grow and presently, there are over 300 blockchain-based startups in addition to a countless number of projects that are beginning to take off.
Given these facts, we truly believe that we can make an impact in the Indian startup ecosystem with æternity Starfleet Accelerator to enable many more blockchain startups to grow. In order to do this, we joined hands with IBC Media — a team of experts who aim to empower innovators with the right opportunities to build great products. With this collaboration, we decided to take æternity Starfleet to India. In fact, we even opened up applications and are working towards the Genesis Week.
And that’s how we started off!
With that said, if you’re an Indian startup with a solid blockchain use case, the æternity Starfleet Accelerator is just the thing for you, and we’re looking forward to meeting you.
You can start signing up here: https://www.f6s.com/starfleetindia
We’ve worked with over 50 startups, helping them get on their feet with personalized mentorship, offering them our support, expertise, and access to our global network. So far, through our global acceleration program, we have invested more than $2.1 mln. If you are part of a blockchain startup and you need acceleration and funding, consider applying for Starfleet. In this regard, here are the “bare minimums” for you to register:
- Your product has a good blockchain use case.
- You’re a bootstrapped, early-stage, seed-stage, startup with a small team of founders.
- You have a minimum viable product (MVP) or a plan for it
- You have a clear (well, let’s say it’s up to 50%) plan/roadmap for your startup with a go-to-market strategy.
In addition to these, if you are driven with a purpose to make your mark in blockchain history, you are qualified to join us for the accelerator. We will support you with our expertise to build your product to be market-ready. Here’s a glimpse of how we will accelerate your startup when you are selected for the accelerator.
- Get 60 hours worth of quality mentorship for your accelerator program from industry experts.
- In addition to these 60 hours, we offer another 4 weeks of online personalized mentoring sessions.
- Get state-of-the-art marketing support with advisory sessions, assistance in getting media exposure and access to blockchain events.
- Once you are ready, we will give you access to the æternity ecosystem which will open doors to global partnerships, investors, and the ælumini network.
- Get an additional 6 months of support from the æternity Starfleet team with respect to the progress made on the project and advisory.
- Funding of up to $100k to the selected teams.
We have a roadmap that begins with the Genesis Week — a 7-day boot camp that is planned for 2–8th of March 2020. Next is a 4-week mentoring one-on-one session with selected startups. At the beginning of April, the startups will display their progress and the polished ideas in their investment pitch on the final Demo Day. This event will be live-streamed worldwide, so make sure you stay in the loop and don't miss it!
How to sign up?
As most legit startup accelerators work to support startup ecosystems, we would like to do our best to get to know your startup before we shortlist you to attend the Genesis Week. We’re dedicated to this cause and we have an extensive form that will help us to do so.
With that said, we have a few pointers for you to keep in mind.
- The more complete and to-the-point your application, the better your chances of making the shortlist for the Genesis Week.
- All the mandatory fields have to be filled. However, if you do not have the content to support this, you can mark it as NA for the moment. But please take note of this: we do need this information to help us shortlist you for the Genesis Week.
You can refer to this video for a better idea of how to fill the form up.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
We’re really excited to set up shop in India and meet with the blockchain startup community. We believe that this is the beginning of a really amazing journey!