aelf Monthly Digest — July 2022
The monthly update of aelf — episode 1.
aelf is a high-performance layer-1 blockchain network built on cloud computing.
Dear aelf Community Members,
Welcome to the FIRST episode of aelf Monthly Digest (July 2022). This report provides an overview of aelf’s development progress including tech and product updates, state of the ecosystem, cooperation, and events in the past month.
From the perspective of inner growth, aelf made several tech upgrades and promoted user experience in the first month of Q3. With regards to external cooperation, July marked the end of aelf’s second hackathon and a new beginning of its mainnet integration.
• aelf Development Template Integration: Based on the code generator for aelf contract development template, the code generator for aelf DApp development template is created;
• Smart Contract Development: The general Merkle Tree contract is deployed onto aelf. This contract is currently undergoing tests and verification and it is expected to serve the basic on-chain needs in the future;
• Optimization of Blockchain Event Handler: When aelf nodes dispatch events to the event handler client, they can use the event template provided by the client. The client can interact with nodes through Web API.
• Cross-Chain Bridge: The design of the cross-chain bridge’s pipeline is completed. The bridge, once fully deployed, will enable two-way token transfers between aelf network and EVM compatible blockchains and facilitates transactions between MainChain AELF and SideChains.
• Explorer UI Improvement: aelf explorer has added the “contract name display” function and optimized the display structure.
Winners of the Legend X Hackathon are as follows: Mixverse and aelf Blazor SDK from the Web3.0 infrastructure track, aelf Healthminer from the SocialFi track, Comic One from the Creator Economy track, EWLL and Willow from the DeFi track, ChainProposals from the DAO track, Expetra from the GameFi track, as well as community prize winner aelf.LatchBox, and innovation award winners aelf-Toolkit and aelf Tracker.
Several amazing projects have completed deployment onto aelf, represented by aelf TestNet Faucet, aelf.LatchBox, aelf Blazor SDK, ChainProposals, aelf Tracker, Community Funding, and aelf-Toolkit. Some other stunning projects, like EWELL, are busy completing their development and will be available for use soon.
Partnerships and Integrations:
July 12th marked the official integration of aelf mainnet on Binance Exchange. Up to present, mainnet ELF can be traded on mainstream exchanges including Binance, OKX, Huobi Global, gate.io, UPbit, and Bithumb. Also, ELF Locked Staking is now on Binance Staking. There are multiple choices for the staking duration and several promotions for early participants. Bountiful rewards are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
On July 14, aelf held an AMA event in the Binance English community with more than 150,000 community members. Ean, aelf R&D Director, introduced the features and roadmap of aelf, the use cases of mainnet ELF token, and details regarding ecosystem construction and governance.
Binance has completed aelf mainnet integration on July 12, 2022. Switching to aelf mainnet indicates that aelf is well prepared to support its ecosystem explosion. As the backbone of the network, mainnet ELF token is crucial for use cases including governance, rewards distribution, and project development.
aelf Web3.0-themed hackathon, Legend X, officially ended as of June 30, and winners of each award have been determined. It marks a new phase in the building of a well-functioning, versatile, and pioneering ecosystem.
aelf is a high-performance blockchain designed to support the development of Web3.0 and its explosion in the next 5 to 10 years. As a layer-1 network, aelf has incomparable processing speed which is even faster than most of the layer-2 projects. Built on cloud computing, aelf has a distributed network of nodes on various cloud data centers. Multiple tools like browser extensions, aelf blockchain explorer, wallet APP, and SDKs have been built and open-sourced so that developers can easily build on and contribute to aelf ecosystem.
With the ambition set to drive the development of Web3.0 and promote the adoption of blockchain technology, aelf shall sustain long-term growth by consolidating the existing ecosystem and adding more interesting features at the same time. Expansion of aelf ecosystem is underway.
Join us on TG or Discord to stay tuned and interact with aelf communities: