aelf’s Hacker Bounty Phase 2 Kicks Off
1 Million ELF Bounty
On May 29th, aelf launched phase 1 of the Hacker Bounty with a reward of 88,888 ELF based on the Cross-Chain Transfer Protocol (CCTP). Phase 1 concluded on June 5th, with no successful attempts at hacking the CCTP, leaving the bounty unclaimed.
Phase 2 of the Hacker Bounty will go live on July 16th. The bounty for phase 2 has been increased to 1,000,000 ELF. The program is co-hosted by aelf and CertiK, a blockchain security company. The co-organizers are DVP, a decentralized vulnerability platform, and SlowMist Technology, a blockchain security company. PeckShield, another blockchain security company, will be the vulnerability assessment partner. The event will be covered by dozens of leading media outlets around the world and is expected to draw white hat hackers and cyber-security enthusiasts from all over the world.
During the program, users who retweet the event will also have the opportunity to share out 8,888 ELF and win 52 ELF every day (Check out here). Hackers participating in the program are required to find vulnerabilities in the underlying technology based on the logic implementation method of ELF token locking and swap. Sign up now and take on the challenge!
The aelf Foundation is hosting this program to show how secure aelf’s lock-in contract and Cross-Chain Transfer Protocol (CCTP) are while also enabling users to have a better understanding of the CCTP, which was launched in May 2020. The event will be posted as a Bounty Program on the aelf DAO to ensure transparency throughout. The draft of the program has been discussed in the saelf governed Telegram community and the bounty was set at 1 million ELF by the community members.
July 16th 2020 20:00 — August 5th 2020 12:00 (GMT + 8)
- Participants can sign up as individuals or teams — there’s no limit on the team size.
- The Bounty Program is about finding vulnerabilities in the Cross-Chain Transfer Protocol (CCTP), so those on the Ethereum Network or aelf will not count.
- At 12:00 pm (GMT +8) on July 16th, the aelf Foundation will lock 1 million ELF in the lock-in contract.
- At 12:00 pm (GMT +8) on July 27th, a Merkle tree will be generated.
- At 12:00 pm (GMT +8) on August 5th, 1 million ELF test tokens will be swapped to the aelf testnet via the Cross-Chain Transfer Protocol (CCTP).
- Participants who are able to hack the CCTP and swap the ELF test tokens to their own account addresses during the event will be rewarded with the equivalent amount of ERC20 ELF tokens.
- The aelf Foundation will retrieve the bounty if no hackers managed to breach aelf’s CCTP by the end of the event.
Lock-in Contract Information
- Ethereum mainnet lock-in contract address: 0x91517330816d4727edc7c3f5ae4cc5bef02ec70f
- Merkle Tree generation contract address: 0x76562bD67452359b68fACbfa2d0cc9c1999F566C
- Side-chain token mapping contract address: RXcxgSXuagn8RrvhQAV81Z652EEYSwR6JLnqHYJ5UVpEptW8Y
- Contract Explorer: https://explorer-test-side01.aelf.io/contract?#https%3A%2F%2Fexplorer-test-side01.aelf.io%2Fviewer%2Faddress.html%23%2Fcontract%2FRXcxgSXuagn8RrvhQAV81Z652EEYSwR6JLnqHYJ5UVpEptW8Y
- Contract code on GitHub：https://github.com/AElfProject/aelf-boilerplate/tree/token-swap/chain/contract/AElf.Contracts.TokenSwapContract
How to Collect the Bounty
- For Chinese users: contact DaYuTongXue (WeChat ID: a439714) on WeChat
- For English users: contact Itsu Ace (@Itsu_Ace) on Telegram
Participants need to show their hacking proof to the aelf team after they have hacked the Cross-Chain Transfer Protocol (CCTP).
The following information needs to be provided as the hacking proof:
- Code for the hacking process
- A document which explains the hacking process
- ELF wallet address
Retweet to Win ELF
- Simply retweet the event tweet and you will have the opportunity to win 52 ELF and share out 8,888 ELF.
- Submit a form to confirm your participation in sharing 8,888 ELF: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1t2WBB11DwJDTGmtYW-CF-Ikodxt0gF9A3WmtzR7CfXk/edit…
- If no one is able to hack the CCTP before the deadline (August 5th), then all the retweeters (keep the retweet until the end of the event) will share out the 8,888 ELF!
How to win the rewards:
- Follow @aelfblockchain
- Retweet Hacker Bounty Tweet: https://twitter.com/aelfblockchain/status/1283703210926960640?s=20…
- Include hashtag #aelfHacker, and tag @ 3 friends
- Get as many likes as you can from friends ❤️
- Keep your tweet until the Hacker Bounty event ends.
Note: All Retweets from the previous day will not be counted for the next day. Every day is a new beginning from the 00:00 (GMT +8), and twitter likes count ends at 8pm (GMT +8).
We’d like to invite white hats, technology enthusiasts, and master hackers to participate in the Hacker Bounty Program and we hope the program will give you an in-depth understanding of the Cross-Chain Transfer Protocol (CCTP). Any feedback or suggestions on how to improve the aelf ecosystem are also welcomed!
— Join the Community:
· Read weekly articles on our aelf blog
· YouTube Channel: aelf
For more information, visit aelf.io