With the Aergo 2.0 upgrade, certain parameters of the public mainnet are now subject to a DAO vote. Everyone who has a stake can participate in the voting process, making Aergo’s on-chain governance much more decentralized. What’s more, the Aergo foundation decided to sponsor a reward for voting! For every block, one of the voters is chosen, with a probability according to their contribution.
Let’s see how this works!
- Obtain mainnet Aergo tokens. If so far you only had ERC20 Aergo tokens, you’ll need to swap them. Check out this guide on how to do that.
- Make sure you’re using Chrome and have Aergo Connect installed (you probably have it already if you followed the Swap guide!)
- Go to voting.aergo.io. You’ll be greeted with this page:
4. Click “Login with Aergo Connect”  . A popup should open asking you to Confirm  . (In case this doesn’t work the first time, just try again.)
5. Go to My Account
6. You can see your total balance and current stake. In order to vote, you need to stake at least 10000 Aergo. Click on “Adjust Stake”  .
7. Set your desired stake in the form. Remember, the more you stake, the more weight your votes will carry, and the more likely it is to receive the reward.
8. Once you have a stake, go to any of the 5 currently available votes and cast your vote for your preferred candidate. In the case of block producers, you can vote for as many as you like. For the other votes, only one candidate can be selected.
9. Click on the +  next to a candidate or enter one manually and click “Vote”  .
10. Aergo Connect should open a popup and ask you to confirm the vote transaction. Check the information and if everything looks good, click Confirm  .
11. Congratulations! You are now officially a participant of the Aergo on-chain governance!
12. You can participate in all available votes once every 24 hours, so why not go and cast your vote in all of them now.
13. When you’re done voting, go back to My Account to check the expected voting reward. You can see the sum of your votes and how much that is compared to everyone’s votes. Based on that ratio, the probability to receive the reward is decided. The page also shows the expected daily reward.
PS: While you’re at it, we recommend backing up your account from Aergo Connect. In the Account list, hover over your account, go to the three-dot menu and click Export.