DroneDeploy Reveals New Commercial Drone Industry Trends
Data represents five million acres mapped across 130 countries
In March of this year, we announced that DroneDeploy users had mapped 2 million acres — a feat at the time that took 16 months to achieve. Now, our users have more than doubled that number in a quarter of the time, mapping a whopping 5 million acres across 130 countries. To celebrate this milestone, we’re thrilled to release our second Commercial Drone Industry Trends report.
The original report revealed insights from global usage data into how different industries were using drones. The new report goes one step further — showing how trends in the commercial drone industry are evolving.
Broader Adoption and Deeper Integration
The high-level takeaways from the data are:
- Global adoption is growing explosively, and will accelerate even more with the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration’s Part 107 rule, which goes into effect now on August 29, 2016.
- Industries that were early adopters, such as Agriculture, Construction and Mining, are starting to extract additional value by integrating drone data more deeply into their workflows.
The dataset is rich and I encourage you dive into it. I hope you come away with a better understanding of the commercial drone industry and maybe even re-evaluate what you already “know” (eg, quadcopter vs fixed-wing). :)
Further below is a preview of the report.
The full report contains:
- A deeper look at drone hardware
- Emerging and fastest growing industries
- Drone Service Provider trends
- Agriculture, Usage and Integration trends
- Real-world case studies and more
Thank you again to the worldwide DroneDeploy community for the privilege of flying and mapping with you.
— Mike Winn, CEO
Download the full Commercial Drone Industry Trends report or view a preview below.