Writing Doesn’t Have To Be Like Chewing Floss and Sadness
entertainment writing is where the world is at.
we’re getting tired of headlines and write-ups that are as dry as elbows during harmattan.
we crave writing that jumps out of the screen to give us a warm “I see you” hug. 🥰
And here’s how Shaan Puri recommends you do it:
before writing, ask yourself which of these 7 emotions you want to use to cast a spell on the reader:
- lol — that’s so funny.
2. wtf — that pisses me off or this is annoying and rude!
3. aww — omg! I want that for me (or a friend) too or omg! This gives me goosebumps.
4. wow — how did you think of this or I never thought of it that way.
5. oh! — now I get it!
6. finally! — thank goodness, someone finally says it or someone says what/how I feel.
7. yay! — that’s great news or this is super exciting, I can’t wait!
pick 1 or 2 and write from there.
I picked “4/6” for this thread and hopefully, it does justice. 😎
the noise online is deafening, the only choice we have as online writers is to reframe what has already been said and wrap it in a new container (languaging).