Agave Development Update Week of April 17, 2021
This week in Agave land:
- AGVE is now on TradingView AGVE-WXDAI pair and AGVE-HNY pair
- Onboarding of Nolan, a new developer who will be working on the frontend
- We’re ahead of schedule on frontend theming
- Boris has been able to provide a work-in-progress for the new UI:
- AGVE-WETH and AGVE-HNY contracts are reaching completion
- Aragon had trouble loading so 3 new proposals are now scheduled for Thursday, 22nd of April.
- There is a new process for submitting Agave votes, which we hope will provide greater visibility and allow higher participation in the DAO
- Progress on our NFT story, designs, use cases, and processes for distribution & claiming.
The following image is a sneak peak at what might be the genesis first common NFT minted on the Unifty platform for distribution:
- We’re working behind the scenes with several other projects, platforms, and DAOs, to bring new features and integration with the XDAI ecosystem.
- There are new guidelines for posting a proposal, follow them for best results.
- We’ve posted a rough draft of a roadmap of the potential future of Agave. We look forward to providing functionality which differentiates us from Aave.
- Our auditors have updated us stating that their work is progressing steadily, and that they are on track to meet our timeline.
Votes & Proposals
Three proposals are scheduled for vote on Thursday, April 22nd:
1.) Staking rewards of 500 AGVE distributed over 6 months
2.) Funding for bounties for community work on the project
3.) Refunding GreenHornet’s supply of 50HNY he provided for use in the retribution payouts
Proposed process for submitting Agave votes
In order to encourage heightened awareness of and participation in Agave proposals, we will be adhering to the following process for future proposals:
- Proposals will be submitted on Mondays at or soon after 9am UTC.
- When posted, a proposal will be announced on the following channels:
1.) Tweet from
2.) Ping to
@Everyonein the Agave Discord Server
3.) Announcement in the Agave Telegram Channel
4.) As we are closely affiliated with 1Hive, we will also post to their Discord and Telegram channels.
Project Development Status
- Staking Contract for use in Agave governance is in development
- We’ve recruited a new frontend developer, Nolan, who has begun restructuring the UX flow
- Boris has come up with a visual theme for the frontend
- Zed has finished converting the frontend to TypeScript and Typechain, and is now working on the Subgraph
- Security Module — For improved robustness and better integration with the Agave DAO, we’ve decided to develop a stronger Security Module. This will be new contract source, audited separately from the main codebase. Until such a module is developed and approved, a proposal is up for 500 AGVE (0.5% of total supply) to be dispersed over a period of 6 months, matching the model currently in use by Aave.
- Agave drip function is in its final development stages with an anticipated execution late next week.