School’s closed: Teach online and learn from home with CK-12
CK-12 creates free, high-quality K-12 resources easy to set up for online learning during school closures due to coronavirus
More than 1000 people registered for our webinar on “School closure: How to teach online and learn from home with CK-12”. We’ve made it available on demand. Watch it here.
We’ve created a new resource page with hand-picked lessons in math and science that are popular during the month of March. Bookmark it — we’ll keep it updated moving forward. Check it out.
And we’ve made an interactive page about the coronavirus. It explains the nature of coronaviruses, shows the viral life cycle, offers tips on how to stay safe, and ends with discussion questions. Share it.
In the United States, this past week alone has seen school closures in California, New York, and Washington State.
The CDC has advised educators and parents to prepare for internet-based teleschooling as the pandemic spreads.
We are here to help.
Who we are:
CK-12 is a non-profit educational organization with over 100 million users served worldwide.
Our mission is to enable everyone to learn in his or her own way, and we believe that every child on this planet should have equal access to great education.
We create high-quality, standards-aligned, and deeply interactive digital textbooks (FlexBooks®) for K-12 schools, and we provide a platform for educators to create and customize FlexBooks® to meet their needs and requirements.
Our resources are free for everyone.
How we can help:
If you’re preparing for remote learning during the coronavirus outbreak, continuity and communication are probably at the top of your mind.
We’ve built tools to help with each of those needs.
- If you’re looking for a turnkey way to set up internet-based teleschooling, use our 2.0 FlexBooks® — they’re standards-aligned and designed to be deeply interactive. You can quickly add, delete, or reorder content to match the scope and sequencing of your lessons. Simulations, videos, and adaptive practice questions are built in.
- If you’re looking for online learning content about a specific topic, use our search engine. It’s the box on every page that says “What do you want to learn today?” — you can search any topic and see all of the CK-12 resources related to it, including 2.0 FlexBooks® and community-contributed content.
- We’re fully integrated with Google Classroom, Canvas, and Schoology. If you don’t use one of these learning management systems, we’ve created our own — built directly into our platform. Create and grade assignments, use Class Reports and Insights to see where students are excelling or struggling, and keep your classes functional in all the ways that you need.
- Any class that you create in CK-12 has Q&A functionality built in. Use it to communicate with students about specific lessons, class announcements, and everything in between.
- Every FlexBook® has its own custom URL, including the ones that you customize. Share links to your resources with parents so that they can assist with learning at home.
- With Google Translate built into CK-12, our resources are available in 109 languages at the click of a button. Wherever you are, CK-12 can help.
You can learn more about our platform through any of our on-demand webinars.
This is a challenging time. Whether you’re an educator, a parent, a student, or just someone concerned about the impact of coronavirus on education, we are dedicated to supporting you in whichever ways we can.
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions or comments.
By Ilya Gaidarov, head of digital marketing at CK-12 Foundation