A short introduction of what we believe we can bring to the Web3 ecosystem.
Our goal at Agnostic is to ease access to Web3 development and analysis. There are a lot of tools we admire available in the market but we believe we can bring a unified platform that will unleash a lot of possibilities.
What did we experience?
The Web3 ecosystem is not as mature as the traditional web one. We identified some missing tools for two personas we know well due to our experience; the developer and the analyst:
- An easy and performant way to access data produced by smart contracts. Web3 developers do not always agree to maintain another brick of architecture like TheGraph, and querying nodes using a provider like Infura can be even more painful. Serverless is the answer.
- Moreover, Infura and TheGraph are not great solutions to display time-series data to customers because of how the data is stored. A simple chart display can trigger a lot of API calls, and the customer suffers from that bad experience. It is a big issue when the majority of the decentralized apps today are financial ones.
- Nansen and Dune Analytics bring access to that kind of data, but they are not practical for integration and they don’t bring interactive speed, queries can take 10 to 15 minutes to respond: live data streaming, data exploration, and live dashboard are not conceivable with that kind of constraint.
What are we building?
1. The collaborative platform
- The query execution time is reduced to seconds in the worst case.
- Our deep understanding of EVM byte code allows us to automate the indexing of smart-contract calls and events (~90% decoding rate, 100% of the standards). There is no need for manual action to add each contract, start a job, and reindex the chain.
- Interoperability with existing data exploration tools like Apache Superset or Tableau thanks to our PostgreSQL protocol compatibility.
- GraphQL and REST API to easily integrate with your dApp and display the data you want.
- Our work on the data and source code analysis gives us the foundation to bring an experience similar to what we are used to with Web2 monitoring and alerting tools like Sentry.
- You can sync your solidity project to get a better overall experience
Display your dApp data with almost no code (compatible with React, Svelte, Angular, Vue, Ember, Vanilla)
Benefit from the libraries we built to build Agnostic (EVM and Solidity tooling).
Who are we?
We build Agnostic with Arnaud. We are autodidacts and passionate programmers since childhood. We have experience with heavy-loaded and high-demand big data projects: Arnaud worked in the ad-serving industry as the CTO of AdYouLike, and I’ve been head of engineering of different companies notably in the fintech and institutional organizations. We both know analysts very well working very closely with them and the developer experience has always been a big concern for us as team leads.
Our private beta is open 👉 https://agnostic.engineering/. Follow Agnostic and subscribe to the newsletter to never miss anything about our releases. We are live on the Ethereum main net, and we expect to add more EVM-compatible blockchains in the coming months.