- This month, the dev team designed and implemented the first part of the Plasma-like cross-shard token swap mechanism that consists of two flows: checking-in and checking-out. For the token swap module to work, shard admin(s) have to set the exchange rate of the shard chain tokens to the parent chain tokens. To “check-in” to the shard chain, a user opens a check-in request by submitting a transaction, which contains a deposit transaction of the user’s parent chain tokens as a payload. A native function sends the payload transaction on behalf of the user to the parent chain and adds the transaction’s hash to a pool with some additional information that we call “an action.” Once the transaction in the parent chain is finalized, the “action” is performed, which is creating and broadcasting a shard chain transaction to close the check-in request. This transaction yet again triggers another native function that gives the user a proper amount of shard chain tokens, according to the exchange rate set by the shard admin.
- The dev team considers the current design Phase 1 of the cross-shard token swap scheme. For the feature to be complete, we will need to develop a check-out mechanism that works similarly to the check-in, and we’re also hoping to incorporate more advanced and flexible token exchange rate schemes in Phase 2.
- Ainize Showcase: for Korean developers, we’ve created a web page showcasing trending AI projects with demo and API. Despite the fact that this blog post is written in English only, we’d recommend Korean developers to visit the Ainize Showcase website to find what’s new AI models in Ainize!
- KubeCon 2020 North America: we’re joining KubeCon 2020 NA Virtual starting Nov 17th as a startup Sponsor! We’re preparing a booth and an exciting event, so please register! (register now — it’s free when you select “keynote only” and you can also visit our booth for free as well)
We are looking forward to seeing you at our Virtual Booth(Common Computer)! See you there!
If you want to know more about us,
- AI Network Project website: https://ainetwork.ai/
- Ainize: https://ainize.ai
- AI Network Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ainetworkofficial
- AI Network developer community (Slack): invite link