Program and Communications Intern (Oakland, CA)
Thanks for your interest in this position. The position has been filled. Keep an eye out for future openings at AI4ALL by signing up for our newsletter.
AI4ALL is a new Oakland, CA-based non-profit with the mission of bringing diversity of thought and voices to the field of AI. The impact of AI on society is one of the more important questions facing humanity, so we create and run programs that emphasize AI’s potential to solve an incredibly diverse set of important societal problems. One of our key activities is launching educational programs supporting high school students from populations currently underrepresented in AI: women, racial minorities, and students from low socioeconomic backgrounds. AI4ALL is growing from 2 to 6 sites in 2018 and is seeking a motivated individual who is passionate about our mission to help us expand and support our growing pool of education program alumni. This is a part-time, paid position.
About the Position
- Support coordination of events, including the AI4ALL mentorship program meetings, alumni gatherings, and monthly alumni webinars
- Research, compile and share opportunities for alumni including education and postsecondary programs, internships, and resources to support their college and career success
- Research and outreach to organizations and high schools schools to support student recruitment for AI4ALL summer programs
- Draft social media and blog posts
- Create simple graphics
- Draft and send monthly alumni emails
- Assemble the AI4ALL monthly newsletter
- Research press targets
- No educational requirements
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Passion for our mission of diversity and inclusion in AI
- Experience working with youth engagement, planning community outreach events, or supporting education programs a plus
- Experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Medium a plus
- Internship start date is flexible, with an ideal start date of February 1 or sooner. Minimum 3 month commitment to the role with the possibility for extension.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
AI4ALL, a project of Tides Center, is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process.
Learn more about AI4ALL at http://www.ai-4-all.org