AIM2Flourish October Update
AIM2Flourish is flourishing this fall! Ten quick updates & 5 new stories
The AIM2Flourish community is flourishing, with thanks to all our partners and colleagues around the world. Here are 10 quick updates.
1. We celebrated the Inaugural Flourish Prizes in June 2017: The Flourish Prizes were awarded June 14–16 at the Fourth Global Forum. These prizes exemplify the 17 best-of-the-best AIM2Flourish stories — one for each of the UN Sustainable Development Goals — chosen from the 422 stories published in 2016. Professors, students, and business leaders came together at the Forum to learn, inspire, and receive their awards.
2. We presented AIM2Flourish at the United Nations Headquarters: Our director Claire Sommer presented AIM2Flourish on a panel in New York City on September 15 for the ICV Global Youth Summit. She spoke about how youth leaders are taking action for the Global Goals while learning about positive and profitable business innovations, and discovering their own potential to be world-benefiting leaders. Read about the event.
3. We co-launched a global 1-hour workshop for employees during UN Global Goals Week: In collaboration with IMPACT2030 and with the financial support of Medtronic Foundation, AIM2Flourish co-launched Introducing the Global Goals. These open-source, multi-lingual resources are designed to help companies engage their employees on the UN Global Goals and inspire change. AIM2Flourish is proud to be part of this initiative as a natural extension of our commitment to preparing Global Goals leaders in business and management education. Learn more about the initiative here.
4. We presented and shared AIM2Flourish at several other events during UN Global Goals Week, and have more planned for the months ahead. AIM2Flourish Fall 2017 Events.
5. Most importantly, over 50 members of our AIM2Flourish Professor community are offering the AIM2Flourish assignment to their students this semester. We expect to have over 1,000 published stories on AIM2Flourish.com by year-end. Every one of these stories is written by a business student and showcases positive and profitable innovations for the Global Goals. Visit AIM2Flourish.com to read inspiring innovation stories.
6. We’ve also rounded up some special opportunities and resource updates: October 2017 AIM2Flourish Professor Opportunities.
7. The AIM2Flourish Academic Community is flourishing around the world in surprising and wonderful ways. Check out these examples from Sweden, Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
8. We launched a dedicated AIM2Flourish Medium site for all our news. Please let us know if you’d like to contribute. Go to AIM2Flourish’s Medium site.
9. Scroll down to see five new, inspiring AIM2Flourish stories. We’ll share 5 more each month.
10. And finally, we’re working on an improved AIM2Flourish.com for January 1. We’re incredibly excited to be working on a completely new AIM2Flourish.com website that will be easier and more enjoyable for professors, students, citizens, business leaders, and our global community partners.
11. P.S. For our AIM2Flourish Professors — Our AIM2Flourish Professor Support team is here to answer your questions about the platform, story submission and review process, resources, and anything else. Contact ProfessorSupport@AIM2Flourish.com and we’ll do our best to answer in one business day.
Thank you again for being an inspiring member of our global AIM2Flourish community. Together, we’re preparing Global Goals leaders for a flourishing future.
5 New AIM2Flourish Stories
Groundwater depletion is a major issue across India as it is preventing farmers from growing crops and maintaining their livelihoods. Edible cutlery promotes the cultivation of millet which requires lower amounts of water thus reversing groundwater depletion. Monash University Australia
New Mindset for Seafood Consumption
Amor a Mar is a new app that allows consumers to buy the best sea products directly from local producers and fishermen in the coasts of Baja California, México. Consumers place a seafood order that will be fished specifically for them by local fishermen. EGADE Business School Tecnologico de Monterrey Mexico
Good for You and Good for Your Soul
The Soulfull Project sells quality, nutritious, “clean label” food that not only is good for you, but tastes good, too. When the four-grain hot cereal product is purchased in a retail grocery location, a matched serving of the product is delivered to a food bank in the region it was purchased. St. Joseph’s University United States
Everyone Everywhere Can Be a Farmer
PT East West Seed Indonesia (EWINDO) is the first integrated vegetable seed company in Indonesia that produces high quality vegetable seeds through plant breeding. The idea of urban farming initiative is to help build the resilience of urban families and communities cultivating vegetable seeds in limited space. IPMI International Business School Indonesia
Helping the People of Yonkers Thrive
Greyston Bakery makes brownies so that it can hire people, not the other way around. Their Open Hiring™ model creates access to employment for those facing structural barriers, enrolls new hires in well-being building programs, and partners with the local community to deliver services essential to greater overall prosperity. Bard MBA in Sustainability United States
AIM2Flourish is the world’s first global initiative steering future business leaders towards achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and a flourishing world for all life on a healthy planet.
AIM2Flourish is an initiative of the Fowler Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit at the Weatherhead School of Management — Case Western Reserve University, co-sponsored by the Globally Responsible Leadership Initiative (GRLI) and UN Global Compact PRME.