Setting up an efficient Telemedicine Workplace
Working from home is a new norm for everyone. The same goes for Physicians who are practicing Telemedicine. A home setting isn’t ideal to practice Telemedicine; having an isolated space like a home office is crucial to provide focused care.
Here is my setup, so that you can get inspired by and create your own.
- An Ergonomic office chair: Lumbar support and headrest are important, and it is important to look into these is to ensure you don’t develop any cervical/spine issues.
- A Cool Workstation desk- Preferably a standing desk, an optional Laptop stand that can help you get from sitting mode to standing mode.
- Choosing the right kind of computer monitor is very essential. You can choose an ultra-wide monitor which gives you the flexibility to run two applications side by side at the point of time.
- A good webcam is of prime importance. A webcam with 4K resolution is overkill and not needed. Invest in a good quality 1080p resolution webcam. Anything below 1080p is not usually recommended; however, keep in mind most laptops are shipping with 720p resolution.
- A webcam stand is optional but recommended. It gives you the flexibility of maintaining eye contact with the patient, as opposed to a monitor-mounted webcam that doesn’t give the same feeling.
- The best option for audio is to use a Bluetooth headset, as it gives you the flexibility to move/shift without tugging on the cord.
- Technically 25 Mbps is enough internet speed for 1080p live audio/video sessions. However, I would recommend 100 Mbps. As higher speed on your side will help with improved reliability
- A reliable router, like Google Nest, works wonders. A router that is on mesh network is always recommended, as it provides constant connectivity to your device.
- If you’re on a laptop, consider using a separate wireless keyboard and a mouse, they always make your life easier with the controls an integrated keyboard will never be able to provide. For dual display on laptops, there are multiple options you can explore.
- Office Chair — Ergonomic — Head and Lumbar
- Support Steelcase — Gesture — https://amz.run/3CCJ
2. Office Desk — Standing — Adjustable Height
- UPLIFT V2 Standing Desk — https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-standing-desk/
- MOFTTM Z Sit-Stand Desk — https://www.moft.us/pages/moft-z-debut
- Dual Monitor Riser (DESK-V000V) — https://amz.run/3CCK
- Dell U-Series 38" Screen LED-Lit Monitor (U3818DW) — https://amz.run/3CCO
- Dell U2417H UltraSharp 24 — https://amz.run/3CCP
- Logitech C920S HD Pro Webcam — https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-webcams/
- Positioning Stand — ULANZI MT-08 Extension Pole — https://amz.run/3CCQ
- Nest Wi-Fi — https://store.google.com/us/product/nest_wifi
- Chris Majestic — Best Wifi Router 2019 — https://youtu.be/KtH9SE6tRZA
6. Bluetooth Audio
- Airpods/Pro — https://www.apple.com/airpods/
8. Laptop Stand
- MOFTTM Laptop Stand — https://amz.run/3CCR
9. Laptop Accessories
- Logitech MX Keys Advanced Wireless Illuminated Keyboard — https://amz.run/3CCS
- Logitech MX Master 2S Wireless Mouse — https://amz.run/3CCT
10. Portable Dual Screen