AirGap integrates Moonbeam
Back in August 2021 we integrated Moonriver into AirGap. Now, we are pleased to announce that the sister project of Moonriver, also known as Moonbeam has been integrated into AirGap. Moonbeam is a para-chain in the Polkadot ecosystem. It is an L1 blockchain solution that extends the base Ethereum feature set with additional features such as on-chain governance, staking, and cross-chain integrations.
AirGap now supports Glimmer (GLMR), which is the native token of the Moonbeam network. When it comes to maintaining and managing the Moonbeam network, GLMR plays a critical role.
GLMR serves the following purposes for the Moonbeam ecosystem:
- Payment of transaction fees: All transaction fees on the Moonbeam ecosystem are paid using GLMR.
- Execution of smart contracts: GLMR is used to pay for smart contract execution, playing the same role that ETH and BNB on Ethereum and BSC.
- The incentive for collators to produce blocks to support the network: Nomination of collators using the GLMR token helps the liveness of the network.
- Facilitation of Moonriver’s on-chain governance system: Participation in on-chain Glimmer-weighted voting and governance.
AirGap GLMR wallet
AirGap GLMR Wallet provides a convenient way to store, transfer and stake GLMR while keeping your private keys completely offline. The staking process in AirGap is simple, intuitive, and comes with a simplified UI.
Staking GLMR in AirGap
For our users ready to stake their GLMR, here is what you need to know and how to go about it in AirGap.
Key Staking Considerations:
- Minimum delegation per candidate: 50 GLMR.
- Maximum delegators per candidate: 300 GLMR.
- Choose the collator you trust.
- Depending on your collator, there is a commission on profit made through delegation, 20% for the default collator in AirGap.
- A new delegation is required to compound your GLMR rewards (no auto compound).
- You have the option to unbond/undelegate your GLMR at any time. However, your funds will not be transferable until seven days.
- The reward you will earn is determined by the collator you choose.
- Rewards start coming at 12–18 hours.
- Learn more
Guide for staking GLMR in AirGap
To begin staking GLMR, ensure you have set up a GLMR account. To set up a GLMR account, follow this guide. The guide uses XTZ as an example, but the same process can be applied to GLMR.
Open your wallet and select your GLMR account. (Image 1)
Click the delegation button. (Image 2)
Note: The first two images show a balance of 3 GLMR, but there is a required minimum of 50 GLMR.
If you are interested in changing your collator. You can click the change collator button. (Image 3)
Click the three dots at the top right corner and select Change Collator. (Image 4, 5)
You can get a list of collators from https://moonbeam.subscan.io/validator
Paste the collator’s address and click the set collator button. (Image 6)
Depending on the collator you chose, you may see a warning about oversubscribing as well as a new minimum eligible for a reward. Please read the warning and make sure you understand it before delegating, or you may not receive a reward.
Click the delegate button (Image 7)
Sign the transaction in the vault and confirm it in the wallet. (Image 8, 9)
After confirming the transaction, you should receive a success modal. (Image 10)