AirGap supports Tezos based NFTs
We are pleased to announce that AirGap now provides an easy way to store and access all your crypto collectables on the Tezos blockchain with maximum possible security.
After receiving tons of requests from our users asking how they can manage their NFTs in AirGap, we added it as part of our roadmap and then released temporary solutions such as connecting AirGap to Objkt and HEN while we work on a permanent fix. Implementation and testing took time, but it’s finally here. AirGap now provides an easy way to store and access all your crypto collectables on the Tezos blockchain with maximum possible security. In this short blog we will walk you through the new feature. We also created a short video that walks you through the steps.
How to view collectables on AirGap
- Set up a Tezos (XTZ) account on AirGap. Please refer to this blog and scroll down to the section under “Add Account” for instructions on how to add a Tezos account.
- Buy a collectable from an NFT marketplace or send it to the Tezos address you just created in the above step.
- Click your Tezos account in the wallet and select collectables. (image 1)
- The next page will display all your collectables. (Image 2)
How to send collectables on AirGap
- Click on the particular NFT you want to send. The next page displays details about your NFT, such as a short description, how many you own, and the related contract.
- Click on the Send button to transfer your collectable to another address. (image 3)
- Specify the amount and the address you want to send it to and create the transaction (image 4, 5)
- Sign the transaction in the vault and confirm the transaction in the wallet. (Image 6, 7)
After confirmation, a modal should show a “successfully broadcasted” message.
AirGap NFT support uses the Objkt API, which indexes the majority of NFT platform contracts on the Tezos blockchain. As a result, If your NFT is minted on a contract not supported by Objkt, you won’t be able to see it in AirGap.