How to use PancakeSwap while keeping your Private Key offline
Interacting with DeFi has never been this secure, cheap, and easy to set up. With AirGap’s latest integration with MetaMask, you can now interact with most DeFi platforms across the majority of the EVM compatible blockchains while keeping your private key offline.
The procedure is as straightforward as ABC. The AirGap Vault keeps your private key offline to sign transactions, while MetaMask acts like a watch-only wallet for interacting with all forms of Dapps.
It is also worth noting that this procedure works for most EVM compatible chains. We’ve tested for Binance Smart Chain, Ethereum, Polygon, Avalanche, Celo, Moonriver, Fantom, and Fuse.
This article describes how to swap crypto securely on BSC while keeping your private key offline. We will be using PancakeSwap as a case study.
Here is a summary of the process involved
- Make sure to update AirGap Vault to the latest version. At the bottom of this article is a link to all the available versions. If you are new to AirGap get started by following the setup guide.
- Install the MetaMask on a PC 💻 browser. Support for MetaMask mobile is coming soon.
- Follow this guide to connect AirGap Vault to MetaMask.
- Add BSC RPC to MetaMask.
- Connect your AirGap BSC account to Metamask.
- Ensure you have some BNB in your AirGap Vault Binance Smart Chain account to pay for gas fees.
Swapping crypto with PancakeSwap
Go to PancakeSwap and click the connect button.
Tick the address from the AirGap Vault and select the next button.
After you’ve successfully connected, click on Trade Now.
We are going to swap some BNB for CAKE.
Confirm the swap.
Confirm the transaction on MetaMask.
Scan the QR-code from the AirGap Vault and sign the transaction.
Click the Get Signature button.
Scan the QR-code from the Vault that appears after signing the transaction.
You should now see a transaction submitted modal on PancakeSwap.
You’ve successfully swapped on pancakeswap while keeping your private key offline in the AirGap Vault. The same steps can be followed for any Defi platforms running on the above-listed EVM chains.