Akropolis (AKRO) to launch on Huobi Prime: the why, the how and the what
TLDR: NONE, THIS IS IMPORTANT. READ THE WHOLE THING.
Hello everyone! We are glad to announce that we will be launching AKRO on Huobi Global as part of the exchange’s Prime program starting at 20:00 (GMT+8) on July 16, 2019.
Akropolis has analyzed every option for distributing our tokens and learnt a lot about what to do, and what not to do. If in the end, the users are satisfied, we hope our example can help others looking to do a fair token distribution.
Through this article, we will explain to newcomers and our community how Akropolis works, why have we decided to launch our token on Huobi Prime, what you need to do, what you DON’T need to do, and more. Most importantly, we will focus on something that is a core priority for the Akropolis project: responsibility, due diligence and conducting a fair, well-coordinated and measured Launch.
First off: what is Huobi Prime?
Huobi has prepared a really good article on the matter — we recommend digging into it!
During a specific period of time (after the Huobi Prime Countdown is up), users will be able to buy AKRO in the platform. Before the countdown is up, you will be able to see a lot of information about Akropolis and our token, AKRO in the platform. If anticipation is killing you, we have you covered! There is plenty of up to date information in our wiki — dig in!
Our team has always considered that the correct launch and distribution of our token is an important step. Huobi Prime launches are different from traditional launch platforms insofar at it combines wide token distribution and an additional layer of validation and due diligence provided by Huobi’s team. It is as important for a project to work with the right partner that understands and supports it token, as it is for Huobi to select legitimate, committed and promising projects to work with.
We believe we have all the necessary characteristics to be an excellent fit for a Huobi Prime launch for the following reasons:
- Real-world use case, validated product-market fit, large total addressable market.
- It is a Social impact-project.
- Viable token model modeled on MakerDAO, with a token that cannot be replaced with a stablecoin.
- An ongoing partnership with Polkadot — and ChainX within the Polkadot ecosystem. We are committed to build the new DeFi interoperable landscape and contribute to both the Polkadot Protocol with our products and lowering the barriers of entry of new developers for the whole ecosystem.
- Favorable unlock schedule demonstrated long-term commitment on behalf of the team (team and advisory tokens first unlock in July 2020).
- Finally, we consider the Prime Global AKRO launch as a perfect mechanism to widely distribute our token to ensure robust governance functionality at the protocol level.
Why did Akropolis (AKRO) choose Huobi Prime?
We are committed to helping them by putting our team to work on conducting a fair and responsible coin launch. We believe that Huobi is one of the most promising platforms for projects wanting to do this, and are happy to be working with such a diligent team.
“Huobi Prime is different from similar coin launch platforms; they combine the best elements of larger token distribution mechanisms and an additional layer of validation and due diligence provided by the exchange” said Kate Kurbanova, Co-Founder of Akropolis. “We are happy to collaborate with Huobi Prime and look forward to continuing to develop our platform to help provide our users access to financial infrastructure.”
Most importantly, Huobi Prime has the following benefits:
- All coins purchased through Huobi Prime are immediately deposited into User’s accounts and are tradable on Huobi Global against Huobi Token (HT), their native token.
- No need to wait for presales or similar delays.
- Rigorous screening and selection processes to ensure only premium projects that have yet to be listed on any major exchange are included.
- Early access to premium coins.
- Access for both big and small players. Huobi Prime is open to average users, not just professionals or VIPs.
- In order to mitigate periods of extreme volatility when the market opens, and to reduce the risk of adverse impacts on users, Huobi Prime has also added a period of tiered price limits.
What do we need from you, in order for you to join Huobi Global Prime AKRO launch?
This is getting easier and more direct with every answer: we need you to do your own due diligence on the project! We want you to ask all the questions you have, read what we do, how we do it.
Moreover, our moderators will be with you 24/7 to answer all your questions. We are building tools to help you break free from legacy financial systems that have let the world down. Come join the revolution.
“Okay, we get it! You really mean it when you say you are responsible! Now tell us how to participate!”
The quintessential checklist:
- Read our materials
- Decide on your investment responsibly, DYOR
- Join the Huobi Prime Global Launch for AKRO, follow their steps and feel free to reach us for any inquiries!
Once again, thank you for your support — we look forward to connecting with all our token holders and building the new financial paradigm together!
About Akropolis: Half of all the assets in the world are owned by pension funds. The global pensions deficit currently standing at 3x global GDP or $47 trillion. Akropolis set out with the objective to build a protocol that enables the creation of a distributed financial network comprising member-owned financial organisations designed to step in to provide the trifecta of basic financial services (savings, investments, social insurance) through a distributed network without reliance on governments, banks or other legacy financial institutions. Result: resilience to global contagion risks in the event of a financial crisis.
Akropolis is committed to platform agnosticism and domain-specific chains, cementing partnerships with several players across different chains, such as Polkadot and ChainX, MakerDAO, and POA.
A significant part of the team effort is directed towards interoperability research and development, and supporting ecosystems — eg. running validator nodes in Polkadot, building the Akropolis Parachain, and ChainX validator nodes.