Aleph.im : Crosschain Decentralized Cloud
As the world continues to move towards decentralization, the need for reliable and efficient infrastructure becomes more and more paramount. That’s where aleph.im comes in. We are proud to reintroduce ourselves as the leading decentralized infrastructure partner for clients, community members and partners.
- New branding: We have to rethink how users interact with Aleph and brought a brand-new design that fit our core values.
- New website: With a brand new revamped website and interface, it will be easier for developers and users to use our cloud solutions.
- New cloud solution: We bring decentralized cloud to a brand new level with a new scoring method, a new indexing framework, and a new storage solution.
- New roadmap: This is just the tip of the iceberg
Our journey began in late 2019, and since then we have grown exponentially as a company. Today, we are excited to reveal our redesigned, refined and refreshed new look. To accomplish this, we enlisted some of the top designers in the crypto-space to take on the challenge, bringing new ideas and redefining and strengthening the core fundamentals of what our project stands for.
At the heart of our brand refresh is a renewed focus on our core values. We took a good hard look at what aleph.im is today and how that could be expressed visually. Our new design is the result of countless hours of design, discussions, equations, and care laid out in the form of our new logo.
The new aleph symbol, the symbol of our token, now represents two nodes expanding outwards yet being connected by negative space. The idea of separation and division but connected. It is a clear and simple symbol that illustrates our core mission: “Decentralize Everything.”
We also updated our fonts to be more modern and bold. The slanted typeface represents movement and progression, highlighting that we are not a company that stands still. Our color hues have been updated to be more electric and more technological, with blues representing stability and wisdom.
In addition to our brand refresh, we have also revamped our main website and cloud infrastructure solutions, such as cloud computing and cloud storage. Our website now showcases our new brand design and offers a more streamlined user experience, making it easier for clients and partners to navigate and find the information they need. We have also enhanced our cloud infrastructure solutions to provide even greater security, scalability, and efficiency, ensuring our clients have access to the best possible decentralized infrastructure. With these updates, we are well-positioned to continue to provide cutting-edge solutions in the ever-evolving world of decentralized infrastructure.
Our refreshed brand design will help us raise the bar aesthetically, attracting the next new wave of clients, community members and partners. We are proud to showcase our new look to our community and partners, and we look forward to continuing to push the boundaries of what decentralization can look like.
In addition, aleph.im has always been committed to creating decentralized infrastructure that is secure, scalable and efficient. With our new look, we are better positioned than ever to achieve our goals and lead the way in the exciting and ever-evolving world of decentralized infrastructure.
New cloud interface
At Aleph.im, we’re proud to offer cutting-edge cloud computing and storage solutions that are specifically designed to meet the unique needs of the web3 ecosystem. With our unique payment model, you can easily access our services by simply holding ALEPH tokens in your wallet. Holding the tokens allows you to enjoy our services without any additional payment. This innovative approach ensures that our clients can benefit from cost-effective and reliable web3 cloud services.
Our cloud computing solution is powered by the Aleph Indexer Framework, an open-source, multi-chain solution that enables you to index blockchain data in a decentralized manner. With this framework, you can build high-performance, decentralized indexers on Aleph.im’s infrastructure, making it easier to access and analyze blockchain data.
In addition to our powerful computing solutions, we also offer a flexible and robust cloud storage solution. Our storage solution supports immutable, temporary, and persistent volumes and databases using key-value pairs, making it perfect for a wide range of use cases.
By leveraging our cloud computing and storage solutions, you can enjoy a seamless and efficient web3 experience without worrying about managing complex infrastructure. Discover the power of Aleph.im’s solutions today and experience cost-effective and reliable web3 cloud services like never before.
How to deploy your function on console.aleph.im
On the landing page, you will find shortcuts to our storage and computing solution and resources to get you started.
Create your function
Add your code
- Write code: Your code should have an app function that will serve as an entry point to the program.
- Upload code: Your zip file should contain a main file (ex: main.py) at its root that exposes an app function. This will serve as an entry point to the program.
Choose your runtime
Runtimes are customized Linux root filesystems that integrate with the aleph.im infrastructure and provide access to APIs and quick responses to HTTP requests and other events. Read more about them here and how to create your own if needed.
Choose your type of scheduling
- On-demand execution runs programs only when needed, saving on resources. This is great for running programs responding to user requests or API calls and can shut down after processing the event.
- Persistent execution runs programs continuously. These are always running and great to run programs that cannot afford to stop or need to handle incoming connections such as polling data from a websocket or AMQP API.
Read more about them here
Choose your instance
Add a name and some tags
Add a volume
Two types of storage are available for your function:
- Immutable volumes: a file containing a Squashfs filesystem that can be mounted read-only inside the virtual machine running programs in on-demand or persistent execution modes.
Example: You can use this type of volume as a dependency volume or as any other resource volume. Many programs require additional packages beyond those present on the system by default; this way, you can make sure to make them available to your function(s).
- Persistent volumes: a logical block disk attached to virtual machines running programs in on-demand or persistent execution modes. They are typically used to store mutable data such as databases and persist data.
More technical info about immutable volumes, persistent volumes, and how to create a squashfs file. (This process will be automated in the future and run on our CRN’s)
TIP: If your dependency volume is significant large, you could do this upfront. This way, you’ll save time during the function setup, as you only need to add the existing volume by providing the hash.
When adding a volume, you will likely need to sign an aleph message (no cost).
Define your environment variables
Create your function
To be able to create the function, this amount needs to be present in your wallet until the function is removed. Tokens won’t be locked or consumed. The function will be garbage collected once funds are removed from the wallet.
When creating a function, you will likely need to sign an aleph message (no cost).