These 19 Companies are Connecting Employers to Diverse Pools of Talent
The next time you hear a company complain that they’re struggling to hire diverse talent and that it’s a pipeline problem, ask them to consider whether they’re looking in the right places. There are a growing number of excellent resources for companies looking to ensure their recruiting efforts take into account diversity and inclusion.
While by no means exhaustive, the job boards and portals listed below are a great place to start when you have a new role to fill within your organization. They each attract diverse talent and empower underrepresented candidates to get their dream jobs.
- Après Group: A digital recruiting platform connecting women who are getting back into the workforce or pivoting careers with companies seeking diverse talent.
- Black Girl Group: A platform for Black women to showcase their projects and freelance services, connect with potential clients, and share with one another.
- Fairygodboss: Their mission is to improve the lives and workplace for women through transparency. The site offers a job board, honest company reviews for women, discussion boards, and career advice.
- Include.io: From the CEO of Lesbians Who Tech, Include.io is helping companies build their best teams by connecting them to underrepresented tech professionals looking to find their dream job and get hired for who they truly are.
- Jopwell: Empowering underrepresented ethnic minority professionals and students to successfully navigate their careers, Jopwell is a leading career advancement platform for Black, Latinx, and Native American students and professionals.
- Lane: Created by Women 2.0 and with a strong focus on women in tech, Lane offers a connection point between high-quality tech talent and workplaces that care about making their companies more successful through inclusion.
- Next Billion: Next Billion helps people with disabilities connect with inclusive employers in tech. They work with universities and tech companies to run collaborative mentorship programs that support students with disabilities.
- Noirefy: A platform that connects diverse talent and corporations for career opportunities, Noirefy aims to change the diversity landscape to create inclusive work spaces globally.
- Out & Equal: A global nonprofit organization dedicated to achieving LGBT workplace equality, they partner with Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies to provide executive leadership development, comprehensive training and consultation, and professional networking opportunities that build inclusive and welcoming work environments.
- People of Color in Tech: A top recruitment platform that helps connect people of color with jobs in tech and startups.
- PowerToFly: A global platform connecting women with companies that value diversity and inclusion. Their tools and services reduce the time to hire hard to reach talent pools of underrepresented female engineers at a centralized and lower cost.
- Project Basta: Bridging the college to career gap for first-generation graduates of color.
- reachHire: Through comprehensive recruiting, training and placement programs that support diverse hiring, reacHIRE gives companies an alternative channel for tapping into a powerful, underutilized talent pool — returning women.
- Tech Connection: A recruitment platform that supports the professional development of untapped technical talent from diverse backgrounds. They work with job-seekers and employers through individualized career planning and job placements.
- Werk: Using a two-pronged approach, Werk helps companies build cultures of flexibility through enterprise assessment technology, while offering a members-only career platform that will help prospective employees find, negotiate, and succeed in a flexible role.
- Women Who Code: Inspiring women to excel in technology careers, Women Who Code offers their members coding resources, scholarships, and access to a robust job board.
- Workforce Opportunity Services: Committed to developing the skills of untapped talent from underserved and veteran communities, WOS recruits, educates, trains, and places high-potential candidates with leading organizations around the world.
- 2050: A job site for people of color in creative, digital media and tech. Launching soon.
- TransCanWork: Through employer trainings, job boards connecting the transgender community to safe and inclusive businesses, and workshops TransCanWork is working to build a culture nationwide for transgender people to thrive in the workplace.
Are you familiar with additional resources that should be included in this list? Share them in a comment below.