NXTP Labs’ Fintech Acceleration Program ends with Fin-tech Conference 2018
NXTP Labs’ Fin-tech 2018 Regional Acceleration Program, where Alibre.io formed part of for over 4 months, concluded past week with the Fin-Tech Conference 2018 in Mexico City, whose theme this year was “Beyond Blockchain”.
[Nov 15th 2018] The meeting brought together banking and financial industry leaders, entrepreneurs, investors and Fin-Tech innovators in a day with keynotes, discussion panels, regional Pitch Competition and more than 25 speakers from around the world. This year the main focus was the impact of Blockchain technology for the future, experiences and success stories of ICOs in Latin America, integrations and business cases.
Some of the speakers of these year included Thayde Olarte (Scotiabank), Sebastián Serrano (Ripio) Agustín Aramburu (Kayum) Henry Sraigman (RSK), Marta Cruz (NXTP Labs), Ariel Arrieta (NXTP Labs), Viviana Garza Salazar (Banxico), Alfonso Monroy (Bitso) Eduardo Guraieb (Fintech México).
“We are already working actively with banks like Scotiabank who has internal integration with startups, and we want to promote this type of process in other companies in the industry by showing the value that the Fintechs we work with can bring them” Ciro Echesortu, Regional Program Director for NXTP Labs.
Another highlight of the conference was NXTP Labs’ Regional Pitch Competition where the best Fin-Tech startups from Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Uruguay and Mexico, that are part of the NXTP Labs Regional Acceleration Program, presented their companies in front of a jury of investors and corporations and competed for the first place.
NXTP Labs’ Regional Pitch Competition competitors:
- Distrito Pyme (México): Connect SMEs with finance companies and/or banks that are looking for credit.
- Culqi (México): Marketplace for online platforms of payment for digital business in LATAM.
- TuVideoCV (Argentina): Video platform that applies technology for personnel selection.
- UALET (Colombia): The first regulated roboadvisor with digital onboarding that gives access up to $10,000.
- Ok Seguros (Colombia):Online insurance comparison and quotation platform, providing savings of up to 50% on the purchase.
- Comunidad Feliz (Chile): Manages communities in an efficient, simple and time-efective way.
- PágaloAsí (Chile): App to receive electronic payments (credit and debit cards, transferences and more) through the mobile phone.
After the announcement of the winning startup (TuVideoCV), the attendees were able to enjoy a relaxed networking space where they could meet and exchange ideas and opinions accompanied by drinks.
Fintech Conference 2018 represented the official closing of the Fintech Regional Program until the startup calls for next year’s edition are opened. Don’t forget to check the complete talks and panels here.