Fujifilm X-T3 & X-T30 Firmware Update Tweaks AF and Performance
The update for the X-T3 seems quite robust, offering improvements to AF performance and capabilities, whereas the update for the X-T30 seems to be minor*, fixing an issue with the Q button being too sensitive and easy to accidentally activate.
*According to the notes for this release, Fujifilm will be releasing another firmware update for the X-T30 around June of this year, which they say will add additional functionality.
Below are the details from the official Fujifilm firmware X-T3 ver.3.00 and X-T30 ver.1.01 release notes.
X-T3 Firmware Update ver.3.00 Features
- Strengthened the accuracy of face / eye detection AF performance
- The AF algorithm has been improved along with the accuracy of face / eye detection AF. The ability to detect faces in the distance has been enhanced by approximately 30% and AF tracking is now more stable, even when an obstacle appears in the way. The improvements in AF are applicable to both still photos and video recording.
- New Face Select function
- The Face Select function has been introduced to provide priority auto-focus, tracking and exposure on a selected subject when multiple faces have been detected. The priority face can be selected by using the touch screen or focus lever.
- Faster AF speed for subjects at a distance
- A Double Tap Setting and Touch Function has been added to the touch screen settings*. The two settings must be set to OFF to provide a better touch screen response. These new settings allow a more intuitive touch operation when shooting, AF and focus area select.
- Intuitive operation of touch screen
- A Double Tap Setting and Touch Function has been added to the touch screen settings(*1). The two settings must be set to OFF to provide a better touch screen response. These new settings allow a more intuitive touch operation when shooting, AF and focus area select.
- *1：By default, Touch Screen Setting, Double Tap Setting and Touch Function are set to all OFF. Touch Screen Setting must be set to ON to use the touch screen function.
- Focus frame when EYE DETECTION SETTING
- When using EYE DETECTION SETTING, only focus frame on eye is displayed.
- Improvement of AF/AE area tracking when using EVF
- When using the EVF, tracking function for AF/AE area movement by touch screen is improved.
- Push function of the Focus stick when INTERVAL TIMER SHOOTING
- The push function is disabled when INTERVAL TIMER SHOOTING.
- FLICKER REDUCTION function
- The options are changed from ON/OFF to ALL FRAMES/FIRST FRAME/OFF. And when choosing FIRST FRAME, the speed of CH continuous shooting is improved.
- Message when IMAGE TRANSFER ORDER
- If there is no image of TRANSFER ORDER when turning on a camera, no message appears.
- Fix of slight defects.
X-T30 Firmware Update ver.1.01 Features
- Improved operability of the Q (quick menu) button
- To avoid accidentally opening the Q (quick) menu, the button reaction time has been increased.
Originally published at Vistek ProPhotoBlog.