AR & VR Newsletter: Apple buys the creator of a ‘seamless’ mixed reality headset [2017W47]
Week 47 of 2017
From HoloLens to Apple, here is this week’s AR & VR Newsletter.
# news articles in AR & VR
- Apple buys the creator of a ‘seamless’ mixed reality headset
- The Best Windows VR Headset Deals for Black Friday 2017 on RoadToVR
- Experience Google’s DeepDream in VR and hallucinate in the name of science on TNW
- Headsets are just the beginning. How to make a VR rig for all your senses
- ‘Dispatch’ Expertly Weaves a Tale of Grizzly Murders in VR Through the Sound of 9–1–1 Calls
- Microsoft sued over HoloLens patent infringements on Engadget
- Fan-Created ‘xkcd’ VR Tool Lets You Make Your Own xkcd-style Webcomics in VR
- Minecraft gets Mixer interactive live streaming, Mixed Reality features
- Rez Infinite is now available in VR for Google Daydream on The Verge
- Augmented reality will transform city life on VB
- Best VR Experiences to Introduce Your Family to Virtual Reality Over Thanksgiving
- Pixvana raises $14 million for cloud-based mixed-reality storytelling platform Spin Studio on VB
- HaptX promises to make your virtual hands feel like real ones
- Samsung Teases 6-DoF Standalone VR Headset as Company’s ‘Next Mobile VR System’
- Williams-Sonoma is buying a 3-D imaging and augmented reality startup for $112 million
# quick messages from Altcademy
- Our next batch of courses and NanoMajors are starting on December 4th. Enroll now to join us. There are 10% left in 2017, so take advantage of them!
- Start learning new skills by taking our free courses, Coding 101, Bitcoin 101, Data Science 101 and Ethereum Smart Contract 101.
- We have two other active Weekly Newsletters (Blockchain and AI/ML) to give you the most important news in that industry every week.
That’s it for this week! See you next week.
Your friends can subscribe to this newsletter too: Augmented and Virtual Reality Weekly Newsletter.