Blockchain Newsletter: Beware of Bitcoin’s possible incompatibility with some major services [2017W42]
Week 42 of 2017
- Price per Bitcoin BTC is at ~$5701 USD (+24.1% from last Monday)
- Price per Ether ETH is at ~$344 USD (+13% from last Monday)
- Price per Bitcoin Cash BCH is at ~$315 USD (-5.9% from last Monday)
- Beware of Bitcoin’s possible incompatibility with some major services by Bitcoin.org
- Why Bitcoin’s Bubble Matters by The Wall Street Journal
- The Hong Kong co-working space that wants to be the ‘Apple store’ of cryptocurrencies by SCMP
- This Is Where People Are Buying Bitcoin All Over the World by Bloomberg
- Bitcoin Can Now Buy You Citizenship in One of the World’s Happiest Countries by Bloomberg
- Bitcoin Is Retaking Its Place as King of the Cryptocurrencies by Bloomberg
- Bitcoin Competitors Are Being Built in Ex-Google Coders’ Laptops by Bloomberg
- Jamie Dimon says if you’re ‘stupid’ enough to buy bitcoin, you’ll pay the price one day by CNBC
- Bitcoin heading over $10,000 in six to 10 months, former Fortress hedge fund manager says by CNBC
- Bitcoin suffers mystery flash crash on popular cryptocurrency index by CNBC
- Russia turns cold on crypto-currencies by Reuters
- Bitcoin Is Now Bigger Than Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley by Fortune
- Bitcoin’s price bubble will burst under government pressure by The Guardian
- Bitcoin just passed $5,000 by Techcrunch
- Bitcoin’s rise in African markets is driven by an old Russian ponzi scheme by Quartz
- Implementing Ethereum trading front-runs on the Bancor exchange in Python by Hackernoon
This week’s new initial coin offerings (ICOs)
- SelfKey is an Ethereum blockchain based identity management ecosystem.
- SelfKey is minting an Ethereum based ERC-20 token called KEY as its utility token.
- SelfKey offers identification service on the Individual and Company level.
- SelfKey also offers a marketplace where you can use your ID to access an array of Services.
- These include citizenship investment programs, company incorporation, bank account opening, insurance, money transfer, crypto assets exchange and more.
- SelfKey provides a wallet with a private/public key pair for the user.
- The user then needs to attach his/her real identity to this wallet by receiving attestations from government institutions.
- Byzantium HF Announcement
- The Ethereum network will be undergoing a planned hard fork at block number 4.37mil (4,370,000), which will likely occur between 12:00 UTC and 13:00 UTC on Monday, October 16, 2017.
- Download the latest version of your Ethereum client.
- Mining reward drops reduces from 5 to 3 Ether.