AltDex Launches Industry-First Benchmark Blockchain Gaming Index 🎮
The AltDex Blockchain Gaming Index (ALTGME) is now live with 13 altcoin constituents.
One of the most promising areas for blockchain adoption lies in the video game industry with tokenized in-game assets representing a groundbreaking shift toward gamers actually owning the fruits of their virtual activities.
As such, we’ve been tracking the rapidly growing cryptocurrency category that focuses on blockchain gaming. In recent months, many of these coins have started to gain mainstream attention. Names like Enjin Coin (ENJ) have become household names in the crypto space thanks to Samsung partnering with the project.
With this in mind, we feel the time is right to launch the industry’s first benchmark index for the blockchain gaming category — focusing on coins and tokens of blockchain projects directly related to gaming, esports or other similar decentralized applications.*
Index Constituents 👾
Here are the initial constituents and weighting of the AltDex Gaming Index:
- Theta Token (THETA) — $131 million — 27.2%
- Enjin Coin (ENJ) — $128 million — 26.6%
- WAX (WAX) — $58 million — 12.2%
- Decentraland (MANA) — $51 million — 10.6%
- Kin (KIN) — $34.6 million — 7.2%
- Loom Network (LOOM) — $27.4 million — 5.7%
- MobileGO (MGO) — $13.05 million — 2.7%
- DMarket (DMT) — $11.5 million — 2.4%
- Refereum (RFR) — $7.2 million — 1.5%
- GameCredits (GAME) — $6.9 million — 1.4%
- Unikoin Gold (UKG) — $4.8 million — 1%
- Plair (PLA) — $4.2 million — 0.9%
- BitGuild (PLAT) — $2.9 million — 0.6%**
More Information 📑
The AltDex Gaming Index has started tracking the category with the April 1 rebalance for the rest of the AltDex indices. The index data has been added to the platform as of April 4. More info about the cryptocurrencies added and removed this month can be found here.
For more information about the criteria we use to select the constituents of the indices, please visit our about page.
*We have elected to not include major smart contract platforms like Ethereum, TRON, EOS, et. al. as these would drastically impact the weighting of the index in a way that doesn’t necessarily represent blockchain gaming. While these blockchains, and others, can be and are used for gaming applications, it is not the main focus of said projects.
**Initial market cap and weighting data may not be precise.