Increasing Sales Leads a Top Priority for B2B Marketers in 2019
B2B marketers continue to rely on email marketing
B2B marketers are combining traditional and modern tactics to meet their business goals, according to Sagefrog Marketing Group’s “2019 B2B Marketing Mix Report.” Sagefrog found 66% of the survey respondents have a formal marketing plan, which it said was a significant shift from the year prior, and 63% have either outsourced their marketing efforts to agencies or use both in-house and outsourced work.
The top priorities for B2B marketers in 2019 include increasing sales leads (67%), increasing brand awareness (44%), converting leads to customers (35%) and increasing website traffic (33%).
The most-used social media websites were LinkedIn (90%), Facebook (77%) and Twitter (63%). According to the report, LinkedIn’s InMail feature provides three times the typical response rate of regular email. The report also suggested video marketing and targeted ads are allowing B2B marketers to create personalized customer journeys.
From Sagefrog CEO and Co-Founder Mark Schmukler:
“Apparently, more B2B companies believe that much of their target market is unaware of their company and/or its products and services.
For 2019, per the ‘B2B Marketing Mix Report,’ we can expect marketers to increase their investment in marketing channels designed to increase awareness:
- Email marketing is still the No. 1 resource for marketers today to increase awareness
- SEO, now used by 75% (up 20% from 2018) more marketers are realizing that SEO plays a huge role in making your business stand front and center for both potential clients and search engines. SEO plays a huge role in the development of effective content and the effective utilization of it to achieve the desired effect for your site. Technical SEO is still the most important digital marketing tactic you can implement; making sure that your site delivers the best [user experience] and operates correctly to best serve your users (and search engines), is a big win for any site.
- Social media marketing and advertising are still high priorities for marketers.
- Blogs and content marketing are now used by 75% (up 21% from 2018). Blogging and content marketing are an important way to increase keyword usage, which — in turn — generate more organic traffic. The need for quality content is also more important; search engines are sophisticated enough to understand searcher intent and whether your content is up to the task of helping searchers answer their original query.
- Digital marketing is expected to be up 10% for 2019.
- While inbound marketing was the highest-rated trending topic for 2018, marketers now have rated account-based and interactive content marketing as their focus for 2019. Personalization is key to brand awareness.
- LinkedIn is still ranked No. 1 for most-used social media site. Utilizing InMail and sponsored content is an effective way to produce brand awareness and to create leads and meetings for upcoming industry events.”