You Know You’re from Melbourne When…
People from around the world think that all Australians are the same. Nothing could be further from the truth, as we practically carry certain aspects that identify which state we are from — like someone from Melbourne, for example. Melbourne is known by the rest of the country as “CBD”, “cultural capital of Australia” and “unofficial sporting capital of Australia”. That said, if you’re from Melbourne, you’ll immediately spot a fellow Melbournian quite distinctly
You know you’re from Melbourne when…
1. You evoke the hipster vibe because, Gothic Laneways.
2. You can out-party anybody because you have mastered the nightlife along the Laneways.
3. You ask when the Big Day Out is.
4. You own countless Dejour jeans.
5. You have thought of popping the question to your girlfriend via the Moving Image at Fed Square.
6. You consider Melbourne as a haven for aspiring writers.
7. You immediately say “Yes!” to any volunteer work.
8. You head out to the parks on a sunny day.
9. You have mastered the ability to squeeze yourself in an over-crowded tram.
10. You suggest visiting Melbourne to any tennis enthusiast.
11. You enjoy weekend shopping at The Queen Victoria Market from 1878.
12. You believe that Ben Shawry can beat the Iron Chef in the seafood category.
13. You can’t trust the weather forecast.
14. You go to the Yarra River for some water action.
15. You drive down to the Great Ocean Road for some good road-trippin’.
Once ranked first in The Economist Intelligence Unit’s 2012 Most Livable Cities, we wouldn’t be surprised that many would want to settle in Melbourne, Australia.
Originally published at homehello.com.au on March 24, 2015.