7 Delightful Gourmet Sweets and Confections that will Wow Loved Ones This Christmas
During the holidays, many of us love the taste of fabulously festive and delicious desserts including cakes, pies, candies, cookies, and other sugary edibles. This year, you can keep that longstanding tradition going. Give the gift of these delectable delights to your family and friends who like to experience and savor the love in each and every bite.
- Sweet Julobell Bakery — Paying homage to her beautiful grandmothers, Julia and Lois, as well as great aunt Willie Bell, Silvette Pope Bullard founded Sweet Julobell Bakery. Her delectable homemade desserts, with premium ingredients, are super moist, rich, buttery, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Featuring different flavors each week, the cakes and miniature cakes like lemon, red velvet, 7 Up, apple caramel, sour cream, pina colada, pineapple upside down rum, and salted caramel whiskey, would make great gifts to give to family and friends. Feel free to check out this cool video on how to place your order.
2. Clarkson Avenue Cake — Many love a great crumb cake. You can find just that at Clarkson Avenue Crumb Cake Co. The family-owned business is run by mother-son duo Susan and James Walsh. Susan’s friends and family often marveled at her tasty crumb cakes. Surprise those in your inner circle with tantalizing flavors such as The Great Pumpkin, Campfire, Kitty’s Carrot, The Big Apple, Mint Blackout, Peanut Butter & Jelly, and of course, the Clarkson Classic. Consider the Crumbkins cake muffins for colleagues too.
3. Twisted Truffles — Get the party started with these spirit-infused, cocktail-inspired cake balls. Morgan envisioned something really special when she decided to take her baking to the next level. The Texas native’s dessert delights became a hit at weddings, bridal showers, graduations, and other affairs. To make your holiday gatherings extra special or to show love to special people grown folks’ style, build a custom Twisted Truffles box. Spectacular flavors include Strawberry and Sparkles, Spiked S’mores, Pretzels and Beer, Pumpkin Pie Whiskey, Coffee Crème Liqueur, Banana Daiquiri, Margarita, and Limoncello.
4. Eat Your Words Custom Cookies — Cookies from this holiday collection will inspire while simultaneously providing a tasty treat. Joy and laughter abound when you present loved ones with delicious designs such as Joy to the World, Peace on Earth, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Feliz Navidad, Happy Holidays, and the 10-count Santa cookies. Ask about the Business Holiday Collection as well.
5. Global Grub Mochi Ice Cream Kit — This do-it-yourself dessert kit is a fun, delicious way to enjoy quality time with your loved ones. It adds a wonderful Japanese twist to your favorite ice cream. The kit includes sweet rice flour, matcha powder, potato starch, cocoa powder, ice cream mold, dough cutter, and cooking instructions. Yielding 32 pieces, just add your own ice cream to the ingredients in the mochi kit.
6. Dottie’s Toffee — Created in Dot Smith’s kitchen circa 1976, this family recipe is now distributed internationally by her grandson Nick. Handmade in Spartanburg, South Carolina, the ingredients include Belgian chocolate, whole and crushed almonds, pure cane sugar, and sweet cream butter with a pinch of salt. Give the gift of the dark chocolate, dark chocolate mini, milk chocolate, and white chocolate peppermint bark.
7. Tidbits Fun Bites — There’s something special for your loved ones who have unique dietary needs, are diabetic, and are focused on having something sweet while eating healthy. These meringues are sugar-free, lactose-free, gluten-free, cholesterol-free, and soy-free. There is the diabetic line, keto line, regular line, and holiday pack. Flavors include chocolate, mint chocolate, cookies n’ cream, cappuccino, vanilla, and strawberry.
Leslie E. Royal is an author, international freelance writer, product profile expert, micro-influencer, and global travel journalist. Her articles have appeared in numerous publications including: Upscale Living, ESSENCE, Black Enterprise, The Ashro Blog, FORTUNE.com, and AAA Southern Traveler. She is an Ashro Brand Ambassador, the creator of the Leslie’s Lane consumer information blog, and author of two books: Leslie Lane The Book!: Your One Stop Internet Resource Guide to Links for Jobs, Inspiration, Discounts, FREE Stuff, Scholarships, Travel & More ( $14.95) — How to Write and Self-Publish Your Book for FREE with Amazon’s KDP: An Easy Way to Complete Your Manuscript in Seven Stress-Free Steps (Leslie’s Lane Inc.) ($9.95) Follow Leslie on Instagram and see her Amazon Author page