Data Points for the Week of September 4th: 5 Must-Read Articles in Marketing Analytics
The Importance of Social Proofs | How to Write Bombastic Email Subject Lines | Creating Effective and Intentional Landing Pages
Hiya there. I know, I know. Your Monday was woeful without Data Points. To make up for it we have six articles for you today. How about that?!
- Designing for Better Analytics: 5 Decisions Web Designers Fail to Make- Designing an effective website is tough. It has to look great, work well, and operate smoothly. However, it’s also important that the website is structured in such a way as to provide clean and quality data. This will help you in the long run as you look to analyze the information that your website provides in an effort to make effective improvements to your site and company.
- I Tried These Productivity Hacks for a Month So You Wouldn’t Have To- The modern world is results focused which means that people are always trying new things to increase their productivity and get a leg up on the competition. Some of these strategies are useful while others are less than helpful but its tough to know which is which.Well, this blogger tried them so you don’t have to. Check out what she thought of four popular techniques: breakfast, free writing, pomodoro, and exercise.
- How to Incorporate Social Proof on Every Page of Your Website- Social proofs are funny because everyone knows how important they are when they make a decision but few people think to create and place them on their own sites. These strategies (case studies, testimonials, endorsements, media mentions, and raw numbers) can have a huge effect if implemented correctly. Take a look at how to do so.
- Four factors that can impact the success of email subject lines- Emailing is still one of the most effective marketing strategies out there and you can make it even better by focusing on personalization, length, type of trigger, and emojis. These are fast and easy tips that can have a real effect on consumer behaviour. What are you waiting for?
- How to Leverage Behavioral Analytics In Your Growth Strategy- Analyzing data is a great way to get a grasp of the big picture but it’s crucial to remember that data is only a representation of real people and the only way to get the most out of it is to think of it as such. By using your data to focus on pyschographics (not a cheap parlor trick, I promise) and data driven customer personas to create effective customer segmentation your data analysis will become much more effective.
- The Crazy Egg Guide to Landing Page Optimization- Perhaps the most important thing to understand about landing pages is that they are very intentional. Their goal is to persuade the customer to take a very specific action but it can only do so if it’s built with that action in mind. Take a look at this article to gain an understanding of the different types of landing pages (click through, lead gen, and mobile) and how to leverage them to reach your goal.
I hope you enjoyed the articles as well as your Labor Day (though no Monday is complete without Data Points). See you next time!
Follow us on Medium if you want to see more content like this and reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback.