Building a Speaker Identification System from Scratch, A Multivariate Time Series Guide to Forecasting & more Machine Learning Resources (Sep 28 — Oct 4)
This week, catch up on an exciting DataHack Podcast episode with Cassie Kozyrkov — Google Cloud’s Chief Decision Scientist, who enlightened us on the art of decision intelligence in the Data Science sphere. We have also curated 5 must read Github repositories & Reddit threads from September, which include interesting libraries like Pypeline, Object Detection, Beginner Friendly AI Papers, among others. Deep dive into these topics and more, in the Medium round-up!
Here’s an overview of the articles we published last week:
- 5 Amazing Machine Learning GitHub Repositories & Reddit Threads from September 2018–5 must read interesting resources/ threads curated by Pranav Dar.
- Building a Speaker Identification System from Scratch with Deep Learning — Learn to build a made a proof-of-concept speaker identification system using convolutional neural networks with Oscar Knagg.
- Text Mining 101: A Stepwise Introduction to Topic Modeling using Latent Semantic Analysis (using Python) — Explore Topic Modeling in detail with Prateek Joshi.
- Comprehensive Support Vector Machines Guide — Using Illusion to Solve Reality! — Pranov Mishra has a comprehensive and interesting explanation of Support Vector Machines.
Learnings from Industry
- Decision Intelligence with Google Cloud’s Chief Decision Scientist, Cassie Kozyrkov — Listen to an inspiring career journey with this episode of DataHack Podcast.
- A Multivariate Time Series Guide to Forecasting and Modeling (with Python codes) — Dealing with Multivariate Time Series made easy by Aishwarya Singh.
- The Winning Approaches from codeFest 2018 — NLP, Computer Vision and Machine Learning! — What did winners do differently? Explore their strategy & improvise for your upcoming competitions.