Anchor is now the easiest way to make a podcast, ever.
In the newest release, Anchor becomes the only platform where you can publish to major podcast outlets like Apple Podcasts and Google Play Music with a single tap of a button on your phone. Available today for iOS and Android — it’s 100% free, entirely mobile, and so easy to use that literally anyone can make a podcast now.
Anchor makes recording and sharing audio as simple as talking on the telephone (really), whether you’re capturing your own voice, taking call-ins from listeners, conducting remote interviews with anyone, or broadcasting full length songs from from Apple Music or Spotify. We’re dedicated to building intuitive, innovative features that make it ridiculously easy to create any kind of audio right from your phone.
One of the most common things we hear from people is that they want their Anchor station to be discoverable as an actual podcast. With today’s release, not only is that possible, but we took it a step further and came up with the absolute easiest way to create and share a podcast with the world. You don’t need a microphone, special software, or even a desktop computer.
✨ Unfamiliar with RSS? Cool, let’s keep it that way. ✨
Starting now, to make a podcast, all you need is the Anchor app. If you’ve ever wanted to make your own podcast but didn’t know where to start, we’ve got you covered. Here’s how it works.
1. Create audio for your Anchor station. 2. Choose which segments to add to your episode. 3. Name your podcast. That’s literally it.
For your initial podcast setup, we’ll generate everything you need (podcast name, cover art, description, etc). You can customize whatever you want, and when you’re happy with it, you can post your podcast in one tap. Anchor takes care of submission and distribution to Apple Podcasts and Google Play, so you can focus on creating audio — which is a breeze in our app for iOS & Android.
Once you’re set up, any episodes you create in Anchor will be automatically synced to your podcast.
Some of our favorite creators are already making podcasts with Anchor:
- Newest Latest Best: Actor and video game expert Jeff Cannata delivers the newest info, latest releases & best stuff in gaming every single day.
- Daily Thrones: Every day, Collider Video pundit and host Ken Napzok gives you a quick look at the world of Ice and Fire.
- Let Me Google That: Endlessly curious author Abby Norman (debut book is forthcoming from Nation Books March 2018) shares a new fascinating factoid every day to fuel your next trip down a Wikihole.
- James Jefferson Jr. RANTZ: Instagram celebrity and comedian, James Andre Jefferson Jr. shares his daily take on the world. Relax people, it’s just jokes.
- 10 Minutes of Magic: 10 Minutes of Magic is your daily dose of Magic: The Gathering thought bubbles, with media host and MTG expert, Ben Bateman.
- The Great Everything: Culture and philosophy for everyone, every single day. Become a better human with lawyer-turned-philosophist, Patrick Daniel.
Head to the App Store or Google Play to download the latest version of Anchor, and start making your podcast today. Want to share your audio with us or send us some feedback? Feel free to hit us up on Twitter.