Visit Us at “The Wright Place” at the 2013 Marin County Fair
by Laurie Thompson, June 28, 2013
We invite everyone to the 2013 Marin County Fair running from July 3 -7 at the Marin County Fairgrounds at 10 Avenue of the Flags in San Rafael.
The Anne T. Kent California Room, in partnership with the Frank Lloyd Wright Civic Center Conservancy, is hosting “The Wright Place,” a featured booth in the Schools Rule Learning Pavilion at the Exhibit Hall.
“The Wright Place” showcases the original Master Plan Model for the Marin County Civic Center which was constructed at Taliesin in 1958 under Frank Lloyd Wright’s supervision.
We also have numerous hands-on activities for all ages including:
- LEGO models of two legendary structures designed by Wright
- The Froebel block & shape system which inspired Frank Lloyd Wright to become an architect
- Jigsaw Puzzles featuring designs by Frank Lloyd Wright
- A Trivia Quiz to test your knowledge of the history & lore of Marin’s Civic Center
- “Color the Marin County Civic Center” for young children
Please join us in our continuing celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Marin County Civic Center. We look forward to seeing you at “The Wright Place!”
Originally published at https://annetkent.kontribune.com.