Introducing new APIOps network manager Nazia Hasan and some tools
My role in tech oriented communities has been more like a midwife who ignites the community, creates initial structure and kick-starts activities as well as raises initial interests (timeline below). That’s what I’ve done for the past years. This is what I did with Global APIOps network as well.
Now it’s time for me to take one step back towards the background and give the mic for other singers. Future APIOps community manager is Nazia Hasan. Her introduction is given below.
Community in a nutshell
Here’s some facts about our community at the moment:
- APIOps community is now in four locations (three countries) with hundreds of members. Local groups can be found from here.
- We have active Youtube channel which is filled with API expert / developer stories from various areas of API economy such as GraphQL, Chatbots and Developer eXperience. See also our public Youtube dashboard.
- Our Twitter handle (@APIOps) has plenty of followers.
- Our Facebook group has been created.
- You can purchase our partner packages in Holvi webshop. In Holvi we have provided with APIOps’s open budget as transparency is vital for our community.
About community manager Nazia
Nazia is from Bangladesh and has been living in Finland for the past three years. Aside from doing her thesis from Tampere University of Technology, she is also working at APInf Oy as UX designer. Nazia’s area of interest is User Experience. She believes in empathy while innovating technology to provide efficient and optimized solutions for problems people face. She is focusing her work towards Developers Experience (DX) in Designing and Managing APIs.
Towards more organized and clearly defined community
We have taken Trello in use. It is used for coordination which is needed since we have more people involved in orchestrating APIOps activities. In addition to coordination, our Trello contains information about the community. We apply Community Canvas as guide line to define APIOps community. Canvas as boards in Trello contain items such as identity, experience and structure.
Transition with time
We will do the hand over of community management with time. We are colleagues at the same company and thus it’s easy to communicate things that come to our minds while doing the transition.
Am I dropping API economy totally? No! From now on I’m focusing more on ramping up APIOps sibling community APItalist Network (business oriented API economy network). I will stay active in APIOps Network, but now I have more time to focus on being midwife for APItalist Network.