IoT Usage Might Trigger Gallops in the Healthcare Industry
It might either be a chronic disease, unemployment or old age — reasons are always sufficient to cripple a healthy human with scary diseases like depression, heart ailments or lack of physical ability. What comes into focus is the increasing usage of IoT in healthcare, that has eased out the task of patients and hospitals overall.
Applications of IoT in the Healthcare Sector
IoT in healthcare is just emerging and still has a long way to go. Although it is not in widespread use, this technology is soon becoming a hugely dominant force in our culture, vis-a-vis increasing use of smartphones (mobile devices). IoT enabled smart hospitals to make use of connected assets to improve maintenance procedure capabilities. Many hospitals are competing towards increasing adoption of IoT technology. Connected assets improve the functionality of existing hospital equipment’s. Apart from enhancing the capability, IoT will as well ease out the task of maintenance managers in monitoring the hospital temperature, humidity, etc. remotely.
- IoT also enables managers in the predictive analysis which implies better regulation of hospital services, fixing a problem before it happens, or remotely managing it.
- Smart IoT technology within patient’s beds will also send an alert to the supervisor who can regulate the situation.
- Wearable technology (gadgets) can measure, patients heart rate, blood pressure, temperature, breathing and more remotely and save both cost and time on follow-up visits and report incidents, feelings and problems to healthcare providers. In case of a patient has any difficulty like breathing problems an alert can be sent to the person monitoring the device and prompt them to take necessary action.
- This technique also saves elderly people or patients who live alone. With wearable patients do not need to go to hospitals when it is not necessary.
- IoT is being used for patient monitors, to increase the productivity of the existing workforce and save healthcare costs.
As more and more healthcare providers are investing in IoT, the improvements felt by patients, providers, and stakeholders are alike. IoT enabled healthcare apps in the process also helps in bettering individual health empowering people with more knowledge and control over their daily routine.
- IoT is effectively being used in cancer treatments
- Smart continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) and insulin pens
- Closed-loop (automated) insulin delivery
- Connected inhalers
- Ingestible sensors
- Connected contact lenses
- Monitoring depression by the Apple Watch App
- Coagulation testing
- Apple’s Research Kit
- Parkinson’s Disease
- ADAMM Asthma Monitor
Advantages of Use of IoT in Healthcare
IoT devices help in reducing the cost for both patients as well as healthcare providers. If a disease can be predicted in advance, suitable medications can be administered to the patients in real-time. This saves unnecessary visits to the doctor and helps hospital management in collective relevant patient data.
- As the patients stay connected with the hospital staff at all times, they stay confident about the progress of the treatments and as well improves the accuracy of diagnosis.
- Use of IoT devices saves time and efforts of hospital staff. They eventually have to spend less time searching and focusing on relevant medications and treatments. They can simply adhere to the treatment plans and track compliance with prescriptions.
- IoT data helps in reducing the chances of errors and cut down unnecessary tests, expensive imaging and reduces the errors due to humans.
- Healthcare involves huge data, which when connected with cloud and big data can be accessed in real time, at time of emergencies and can as well be used to make informed decisions and provide evidence-based treatments.
Helping patients, their family and healthcare professionals are the three main advantages of creating healthcare apps. Tools that increase patient engagement such as virtual assistants, wearables and health apps help improve healthcare providers improve the patient to physician relationship and improve the outcomes. These help physicians adhere to the medication and home monitoring tools. App development companies build IoT solutions that help optimize surgical workflows, alert families as to when their loved ones are out of surgery and thus help boost patient satisfaction.
Find more top mobile app developers worldwide on AppFutura.