How Can Rapid Prototyping Turn Your App Idea into Success?
With millions of mobile apps in the app stores, one thing that businesses need so as to remain in the limelight is innovation. The users these days want something new and creative to try their hand at; if not fulfilled, they won’t even give a second try to your application. This might seem easier, however, is a challenge for the businesses as an average app cost for tens to hundreds-of-thousands of pounds.
This is a high investment when you are not sure if your app idea will be a success. A failed app idea can result in a cash-strapped and time-poor situation. And this is even more terrific in the present scenario when technology and trend changes with the blink of an eye. So, here arises the question how to deliver a creative, successful app when the user demands are uncertain? How to build an app user wants and rock the world? How to test and try your app idea with users before investing a sky-high finance amount into it? Well, one-word answer to these questions is Rapid Prototyping.
A.) Rapid Prototyping in Mobile Apps Development: Rapid prototyping is an iterative approach to user interface design. It is the process where the mobile app developers can illustrate their thoughts on the board immediately using the designing tools, demonstrate the product without any complexities, formulate modifications on-the-go and launch the app.
“Rapid prototyping is an effective tool we employ in our agile and lean UX process so as to prepare effective prototype in just one or two hours with multiple flows to test the users, instead of investing dozens of hours of development set aside to prototype.”
In other words, the process of rapidly mocking up the future state of an application and authenticating it with a big team of users, stakeholders, designers, and developers is known as Rapid Prototyping. It is a nice approach to design the mobile applications with the freedom to take risks and come up with something new even in this unstable market where trends and user’s’ taste changes incredibly quickly.
B.) Rapid Prototyping Process: Though it is not the final stage of mobile app development, Rapid prototyping is a comprehensive estimation of the final product with 90% of prime functionalities of the app. It saves both the time and money involved in the development and henceforth, is required that you follow the right process.
According to a well-recognized application development agency in India, the Rapid prototyping comprises of multiple iterations of three basic steps, namely Prototyping, Reviewing and Refining.
- Prototyping: This stage involves turning the users’ definition of the solution into mock-ups, following the user experience standards and best practices.
- Reviewing: This phase involves sharing the prototype with end users and analyze if it goes with their expectations.
- Refining: The third and the last stage of rapid prototyping is concerned with improving the prototype on the basis of feedbacks. It also involves further defining the requirements, identifying and resolving the loopholes.
C.) Benefits of Rapid Prototyping in Building Mobile Apps
- Rapid prototyping is the quick-turn development of mobile apps where the developers work with the motive to produce a working model as earlier as possible. This has a great advantage since you can discover how well your concepts work and you can implement the changes more quickly. Unlike traditional designing approach, this methodology emphasis on instantaneous envisaging and fabricating solutions and this way, empowering companies/individuals to move from ideation to execution.
- Another advantage of rapidly reviewing the working model is that you gain earlier confidence to invest in the idea. Unlike traditional prototyping, you don’t move further with assumptions, but you have a clear idea of what the market need is. You exactly know why your idea might fail, and so can work on designing something closer to the perfect application. In a nutshell, you can rapidly find the potential errors and weak points and fix them, rather than waiting for proper implementation as in traditional prototyping. This reduces the cost of development and increases the chances of app success.
- By organizing public or private evaluation of the working prototypes and collecting feedbacks, the mobile app developers can easily recognize which features or attributes are best to implement in the app development.
“We recommend developing mobile apps by assessing the insights and feedback gained. This is because it can incredibly multiply the chances of the app success.”
- As you build, deploy and bring your strategies much faster in the market, you can easily get familiar with the changing market trends or customer demands. Therefore, you can more often adapt to the changes in the marketplace and re-plan the whole app development strategy.
- In addition to these, Rapid prototyping reduces the uncertainties and allow you to know how the final product will work. When the tangible product is shown to the investors, they can easily make their mind to invest in your valuable idea. In short, rapid prototyping enables you to attract and engage investors.
D.) Conclusion: Rapid prototyping is completely reshaping the mobile space and will continue to do so in the future as well. After all, it is a rapid and cost-effective way to come up with more innovative concepts, turn them into working models and increase the odds of success of your mobile apps.