#365DaysOfWriting Day 85: Eventful Saturday

There are some days when nothing happens. You think and think, but it becomes difficult to pick out one significant event of the day. Today wasn’t one of those days. Lots happened! Some good, some bad…

Saturday started early for me (by my standards) — used to waking up late especially on weekends, I had to get up at 9:30 a.m. to make it on time for Suicide Squad. Our show was at 11:50 a.m. and we reached the theatre at noon. Thanks to trailers and promos, we actually did not miss any part of the movie.

The film started only after we were comfortably seated. A lot is being said about the movie — mostly negative. To be honest, I enjoyed the experience, and, at the risk of sounding dumb, I don’t get what the fuss is about. I felt that the plot was rather weak and there was not enough scope for the characters to truly develop, but it was not a bad film, and Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn is the best thing about ‘Suicide Squad’. Jared Leto as Joker tries hard, but he can’t match up to the legacy of Heath Ledger — also, to a large extent, the story-line is responsible for that. This Joker is just not that unstoppable a force or that immovable an object! I also wish that they had not reduced the “pathology” of the villains to weird and whacky stereotypes — somehow that just seemed a letdown.

The real craziness of the day began after the movie! My brother and I were keen on sampling milk-shakes from “Keventers” which has recently opened in Kolkata. To be honest, they aren’t such a big deal — sure you get a glass milk-bottle, but the milk-shake inside is one you can easily make at home, and it isn’t worth 241 rupees! Never mind, in the midst of sipping our milk-shake, my brother realized that he could not find the car-keys. We re-traced our steps, searched the theatre, waited at the mall hoping for someone to having reported finding it, then again checked the movie-hall after the second show was over, but we never managed to find it. Thankfully, our car reached home safely with some help from the staff at the regular showroom where our cars are serviced.

However, by the time this ordeal was over, it was already 5:00 p.m. and our movie had ended around 2 o’ clock. My brother asked if I wished to go home, but I was just too irritated. What a waste of a fine Saturday! I told him that if we go home, we’re going to remain crabby and upset over losing the keys, so let’s just go somewhere and chill. We needed the break. Not having to drive gave my brother the opportunity to drink freely — we’d after all be taking the taxi home. So, we visited The Great Booze Story where we had a couple of drinks while watching the Olympic Games. We made the mistake of ordering the pepperoni pizza — it was stale. We complained twice, so they thankfully replaced it with chicken.

By the time we reached home, it was past nine. We spent the rest of the time retelling the events of the day to our parents, while having dinner.

The night is still young since tomorrow is a Sunday! After writing this post, my brother and I are going to catch another movie. We are keeping the Pottermania alive by re-watching the Harry Potter movies — today, it’s time for The Goblet of Fire. So, on that note, I will sign out from here!

Hope you liked reading about my eventful Saturday today. Don’t forget to tap the heart at the end of this post if you visited this space today :-)

Like what you read? Give Divya Srivastava a round of applause.

From a quick cheer to a standing ovation, clap to show how much you enjoyed this story.