Applied Intuition Announces $40M Series B funding led by General Catalyst
We’re happy to announce that we’ve closed a $40 million Series B led by General Catalyst with participation from Kleiner Perkins, along with previous investors Andreessen Horowitz, Lux Capital, and Floodgate. Also participating in this round are M12, Sozo Ventures, and La Famiglia strengthening our relationships with Microsoft, Japan, and European markets.
This brings our total external capital raised to $51.5m. With this capital, we’ll accelerate our growth as the leading end-to-end software infrastructure provider for autonomous system development and continue our international expansion.
It’s been a little over two years since we started Applied Intuition. In that time, we’ve built a suite of products that are helping our customers accelerate their programs to bring safe and cost-effective autonomous vehicles to market. We’ve also built a fantastic team of engineers and industry experts with a diversity of talent from simulation, robotics, software infrastructure, and automotive validation.
Today, we are supporting customers ranging from startups to large OEMs worldwide. Applied’s products are also in use beyond the automotive industry. We’re now working with teams developing autonomous vehicles and robots for a variety of use cases like mining and package delivery.
With the advent of autonomy, we also must face questions about how to establish a framework to regulate and ensure safety in this new industry. As an independent third party not developing our own self-driving car, we’re uniquely positioned to help address these questions with regulators and insurance companies both in the US and abroad.
Links from other publications:
- Wall Street Journal “Applied Intuition, Whose Software Tests Self-Driving Cars, Grabs $40 Million”
- VentureBeat “Applied Intuition raises $40 million for autonomous vehicle simulation tools”
- Nikkei (Japan) “自動運転、走行試験も「仮想」の時代に”
- CNN “Driver’s ed for robotaxis: A grueling exam looms for self-driving cars”
Links from our investors:
- Andreessen Horowitz “Applied Intuition Series B”
- Lux Capital “Re-investing in Applied Intuition to accelerate autonomous vehicle development”
- M12 “Welcoming Applied Intuition to the M12 portfolio”
Links from newsletters:
We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished so far, and we’re just getting started.
Join us in our mission to make autonomy a reality.
— The Applied Intuition Team