We’re in the very early stages of brainstorming an Immerse VR podcast of some kind, and thought I’d share my thinking early to gather input. Maybe we’ll call it a VRodcast? Is that already a thing?
Any input, advice and topic ideas are welcome!
- Held in VR / Immerse Creator dedicated multi-player room for each topic — [link]
- Focus on professional topics — architecture, medical, marketing, education — while leaning toward design and collaboration
- Multi-player scene for each topic with relevant environments, assets, etc. that anyone can explore — either via Immerse Creator or free Immerse Viewer mode (VR and non-VR)
- Save and share a copy of the Immerse scene after each event so anyone can access and explore it asynchronously.
- Capture video for VR Podcast — post to YouTube / stream live on Twitch?
- Capture and share 360 / video?
- Discuss and present best practices for using VR
- Host presentations, round table discussions, interviews, etc.
- Share client case studies — show select / relevant props from their project
- Community showcase what others are working on — other Immerse Creator scenes, or import 3D environments / samples of content
- AEC / Architecture — Discuss potential for VR in AEC industry. Design charrettes, VR sketch hour, speed build, community showcase .
- Medical simulation — operating room and healthcare environments and props — invite med-sim experts in for discussion / interview
- Product Design — discuss ways VR can be used for rapid prototyping, remote collaboration, etc.
- Marketing — Discuss / present potential and best practices for using VR to help sell at trade shows, etc. — share client case studies, discuss methods and strategies for successful implementation
- Education — how VR can be used in education — invite university labs to share what they’re working on — import content to share — discuss what’s working for them, what they’re looking forward to
- Game Development — focused on design, architecture and environment — latest thinking in game art and environments — import samples of game assets to review / showcase — help sell the game, gather design feedback
Other Random Thoughts
- Create method and process for immersive podcasting with Immerse that others can replicate — consider building the platform and tools for it.
- Over time, encourage others to create and share their own specialized topic events, scenes and VR podcasts
- Community showcase when feasible — celebrate the works of others in the community
- Focus on how to achieve success and achieve optimal results — uncover and share best secrets, tips and tricks to succeed.
- Connect to international audiences
- Gather input on how we can improve Immerse Creator
- Various Immerse scenes for each topic continuously grow and improve over time — anyone can add their own content as well — becomes a library of content to explore.
- Cross Cultural collaborative builds — people from all different geographic regions coming together
If you enjoyed this article, please hit that clap button below 👏 to help others find it!
Originally published at Arch Virtual.