Inclusive Leadership Experience with GPE
- Do you want to work alongside the leaders shaping the future of London’s landscape?
- Do you want to be a changemaker, having a front row seat in the discussion on improving ethnic diversity within leading UK business?
- As a leader of tomorrow, do you want to be coached by world-class C-Suite executives at a FTSE250 company?
We are opening applications to join Arrival’s Inclusive Leadership Programme with GPE — one of the UK’s leading property development and investment companies.
GPE is partnering with Arrival because they want to learn from smart, ambitious young people from ethnically diverse backgrounds — people just like you.
Starting in April, leaders from GPE will be working 1:2:1 over a six-month period with selected candidates aged 20–30 from our network and wider community. They want to gain understanding and insight into what they need to do to make their company truly inclusive. And they want to offer you their expertise and experience in a coaching and mentoring relationship.
GPE is a FTSE 250 property investment and development company which owns £2.5 billion of real estate in central London. They are truly shaping the future of London’s skyline and want you to be part of that vision.
They are spearheading progress within the real estate sector in the UK to open doors and remove barriers for people from low-income and ethnically diverse backgrounds.
By learning from you, they can make real change happen — not just in GPE and the property sector, but also for the communities they serve and the places they operate.
They’ve launched a social impact strategy which shows their absolute commitment to the support they want to give to communities across the city.
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll develop a one-to-one relationship with a member of GPE’s C-Suite — the very top leadership team.
- You’ll gain career guidance and coaching from leaders at the very top of their profession.
- You’ll help GPE really understand the barriers faced by people like you — barriers that close doors into UK business.
- You’ll play a role in GPE changing its culture so that it becomes even more inclusive.
- You’ll support GPE’s goal to have a really impactful role within the communities where they work.
We think so. We are very excited to be partnering with GPE to help make this change happen and think it’s a great opportunity to play a central part in that agenda.
Want to find out more?
We are holding two webinars on 17 March and 23 March at 6pm where we’ll give you all the details and answer any questions you’ve got. They’re not compulsory though and you can still apply for the programme even if you can’t attend one.
Register here to sign up for the webinar.
Who can apply for this?
You need to be:
- Aged 20–30
- Identify as black or ethnic minority
- Have experienced socio-economic barriers - for example, coming from a low-income background
- You want to learn and develop leadership skills.
- You have a genuine interest and passion for championing diversity.
You DO NOT need to be a university student or graduate. Your desire to learn, contribute and commitment to the programme is far more important than your formal education.
It’s really important that you want to make a difference and play a part in progressing this debate. You need to be up for some potentially difficult conversations about the experiences you have had so that your mentor can really get it. You don’t need to be an expert in diversity and inclusion. You just need to be authentic, brave and open.
You can apply for this programme whether you are working or studying and we can provide information for you to share with your employer/line manager/university tutor. Participants in similar programmes have managed to work and/or study alongside committing to the timeline .
You can also apply if you have worked with us before or if this is a completely new experience for you.
Want to know more?
Here are some of the key details about the programme:
Who is GPE?
GPE is a a FTSE 250 property investment and development company which owns £2.5 billion of real estate in central London. You can find more about them here.
Who are the leaders?
The GPE leaders are the most senior executives at the business and they are all profiled here.
What does the programme involve?
If your application to the programme is successful, the team at Arrival will work to pair you with a GPE leader who we think is best suited to you and with whom you’ll have the strongest relationship.
Sadaf at Arrival will be your main point of contact and she’ll be managing this.
Between April-October 2022 you’ll take part in a series of group and 1:2:1 events.
Group events include:
- A launch event at GPE HQ where you’ll get to learn more about this brilliant company and meet your mentoring partner as well as connect with others on the programme — all while enjoying a fantastic view of the London skyline
- A mid-point event which is usually at a local community venue. This gives everyone on the programme a chance to reflect on the programme so far. It also acts as a key moment where we all speak frankly about the challenges young people from ethnically diverse backgrounds face in UK business today. Arrival creates the space for you to say the things you need leaders to hear.
- A closing event where everyone shares the impact the programme has had on them and leaders commit to an agenda for progress.
Between these sessions, you will have at least six 1:2:1 meetings with the leaders you’re matched with. The first session will involve you taking that leader on a tour of your local community. You’ll show them the important places in your life which helped shape you into the person you’ve become today.
This meeting is hugely beneficial and has a profound impact on the leaders who often see areas they’d never normally visit.
What will I gain from the experience?
- Contribute to breaking down the barriers faced by you and your peers that prevent you from getting ahead in many businesses
- Learn how the property market works, particularly in the exciting and fast-moving world of London’s commercial property market
- Gain exposure and insight that could help build your professional and personal skills and confidence
- Potentially build an authentic connection with someone who could have a profound impact on your career
- Connect with like-minded peers
What is the time commitment?
The three Group Events, typically last three to five hours, and run from mid-afternoon into the evening (and include dinner). These are all face-to-face. We also run a monthly one-hour call where we talk to all talent participants together.
The 1:2:1s typically last two hours and will be a combination of online and in-person — all travel expenses will be paid for by the programme.
There are also options for further deeper conversations which we will be in touch about throughout the programme.
How do you apply?
The deadline for applications is 25 March.
Apply here (application form will take 10–15 minutes to complete)
If you are shielding, or have at-risk family members please let us know on the application form. It won’t negatively impact your application.
What happens after I apply?
We will review your applications and let you know if you’ve made it through to an interview stage or if your application has been unsuccessful. The interview will be a phone interview and takes around 30 minutes.
Want to find out more? Register here for one of our Information Webinars provide information.
Applications close 25 March
If you have any queries about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.