A Beginner’s Guide to Minting NFTs on Ethereum
We’re getting closer to the launch of our Genesis NFT collection, Childhood by Qu Zijun.
As our team completes final preparations for the drop, we’ve put together this guide for those of you that are new to the Metaverse!
What are NFTs?
Non-Fungible Tokens, or NFTs, are digital tokens that are used to prove ownership of unique assets such as artworks and other collectibles. The term non-fungible stems from economics and means that these assets derive their value from their unique properties as opposed to fungible assets like ETH or gold that are freely exchangeable.
Put simply, two NFTs from the same collection may be valued differently due to their unique traits (non-fungible) but 1 ETH will always be exchangeable for 1 ETH (fungible).
Art Bridge NFTs are minted and secured on the Ethereum blockchain.
So, in order to participate in the drop, you’ll need 2 things:
- An Ethereum-compatible wallet that will let you interact with the Art Bridge smart contracts.
- Funds in Ether (ETH), the native currency of the Ethereum blockchain. You’ll use ETH to pay for the NFTs and transaction (gas) fees.
Setting Up Your MetaMask Wallet
MetaMask is the most popular Ethereum wallet and you’ll need to add the extension to your browser.
MetaMask - A crypto wallet & gateway to blockchain apps
A crypto wallet & gateway to blockchain apps
A crypto wallet & gateway to blockchain appsmetamask.io
Here’s a video guide to walk you through the process.
Once you have your MetaMask wallet ready, you’ll need to purchase some Ether (ETH) tokens.
Make sure that you purchase more than you intend to use for minting to account for network transaction fees.
The easiest way to do this is through a crypto exchange that allows external withdrawals:
- Coinbase: https://www.coinbase.com/buy-ethereum
- Binance: https://www.binance.com/en/buy-Ethereum
- Kraken: https://www.kraken.com/en-us/learn/buy-ethereum-eth
- Crypto.com: https://crypto.com/
- Gemini: https://www.gemini.com/
Once you have purchased ETH, follow the exchange’s withdrawal instructions to transfer your tokens to your MetaMask wallet address.
That’s it! You’re ready to start minting NFTs!
What to Expect on Launch Day
Gold Badge holders and whitelisted addresses will have a 24-hour window prior to the public sale to mint up to 3 NFTs per address.
There are still a few spots available, so sign up if you haven’t already!
- Join the Art Bridge Discord server at least 48 hours before the Childhood collection is launched.
Join the Art Bridge Discord Server!
Check out the Art Bridge community on Discord - hang out with 397 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.
- Follow @ArtBridge_io on Twitter
- Drop your address in this Google Form:
When the public sale goes live, the link to the minting website will be shared in Discord. Ethereum gas fees may be elevated and you can keep track here: