Introducing Artifact Comments
Today, we’re adding the ability to comment on any article on Artifact. Since the beginning, we’ve been excited to give you the tools to discuss, debate and question important topics as you read about them.
Creating a positive community is also important to us; we want to build a respectful medium where everyone feels free to participate. To accomplish this, we’re introducing reputation scores for all commenters based on a variety of factors.
Community members have the ability to upvote and downvote comments — both of which will increase or decrease your reputation respectively. The score represents the earned trust from the community and will help you weigh people’s opinions and help us filter out bad behavior. You can read our Community Guidelines to learn more about the best practices for thoughtful conversation on Artifact.
What’s Available Now:
- Create a profile. Anyone can now create a public profile with display name, photo, and bio. Profiles are required to participate.
- Comment on any article. You can now access comments from any articles to see what people are discussing or to leave your own thoughts.
- Upvote and downvote. You will be able to upvote or downvote comments to help moderate the discussion and bring attention to the most insightful and valuable contributions.
- Earn reputation. You gain reputation when your comments are upvoted or you add a photo or bio to your profile. You lose a small amount of reputation when your comment is downvoted.
- Stay connected. We’ll let you know when your comments get upvotes or replies, or people in your network add a comment.
We believe that this new feature will make Artifact a better place for everyone to learn and share, and we can’t wait to see what conversations it will inspire.