Danish Blockchain.Leveraged conference brought experts together to discuss technological innovation
On March 26th, ARYZE co-hosted an event with PwC and Nordic Blockchain Association with the aim of discussing blockchain adoption and what the future holds for the technology.
Denmark has historically been a strong player in the field of science. It is perhaps no wonder that when Danish entrepreneurs and tech specialists gather for a conference on blockchain, it is nothing short of spectacular. Blockchain.Leveraged was hosted by PwC, ARYZE and Nordic Blockchain Association, and turned out to be a great success with roughly 200 attendees from financial and tech industries.
The main topics discussed were:
- Efforts to educate the private and public sector on blockchain
- Blockchain implementations in the banking sector
- The industrialization of blockchain
- Blockchain for payments and trade finance
- Stablecoins and decentralized autonomous organizations
Many of the speakers were also critical about the technology, both in general and from a regulatory perspective, with hopes of encouraging further development to happen in Denmark. Speakers on the panel debate towards the end called for a unified stance with the Danish financial supervisory authority to educate themselves and provide comprehensive guidelines for a wide variety of blockchain applications and use cases.
“In Denmark, we have digitized with our currency to a very high degree — it’s an opportunity, but also a bit of a road block, in that we aren’t fully incentivized to innovate beyond the problems we already have ‘solved.’" — Jan Lillelund, CTO IBM, commenting on the fact that the Danish market might not necessarily need blockchain to the same degree as other markets.
The venue supplied by PwC was equipped for an excellent event, and the high quality of attending speakers made the whole thing possible. We are very proud to have been part of the organizing team, and to contribute in the development of a technology with such transformative power.
- Robert Bo Jensen [Partner, PwC Denmark]
- Nikolai Søndergaard [Exec. Director, Nordic Blockchain Association]
- Jack Nikogosian [Founder & CEO, ARYZE]
- Frederik Gregaard [Head of Digital Financial Services, PwC Switzerland]
- Ville Sointu [Head of Emerging Technology and Blockchain, Nordea]
- Simone Blair [Business Development, R3 Consortium]
- Mads Stolberg-Larsen [Blockchain Specialist, Tradeshift]
- Lasse Birk Olesen [Head of Integration, MakerDAO]
- Jane Eriksson Dahl [Head of Digital Development & Innovation, Udviklings- og Forenklingsstyrrelsen]
- Jan Lillelund [CTO, IBM]